And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 04, 2016, 05:01:45 PM
There's nothing compelling at all about that story.  :P

Anyway, that's nothing to the case against Trump made by Sarah Palin's endorsement.

I held off on watching that because I knew it would be an embarrassing train wreck.  Finally broke down and watched it last Friday.  Just... wow.  All Tina Fey had to do on SNL was recite the speech practically word for word.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tonitrus

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on February 03, 2016, 06:58:24 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on February 03, 2016, 06:35:09 PM
Raz is the new Tim, apparently.

Got it from Skip.  If Reason articles keep appearing on my facebook wall, I'm going to post the choicest ones here.  "Millennials like Bernie Sanders and Donald J. Trump because they're delusional." was not my line, it was the byline on the Facebook link.

Ok, but only if you also repost some of the choicest pro-Bernie shit from Ank and fahdiz.  :lol:

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on February 04, 2016, 10:00:15 AM
Rubio is now the favored establishment candidate. 

He has always been - just look at his donors.

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 04, 2016, 05:01:45 PM
There's nothing compelling at all about that story.  :P

Anyway, that's nothing to the case against Trump made by Sarah Palin's endorsement.

I just went with the Tina Fey coverage as more reasonable.

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on February 05, 2016, 02:23:17 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 03, 2016, 06:58:24 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on February 03, 2016, 06:35:09 PM
Raz is the new Tim, apparently.

Got it from Skip.  If Reason articles keep appearing on my facebook wall, I'm going to post the choicest ones here.  "Millennials like Bernie Sanders and Donald J. Trump because they're delusional." was not my line, it was the byline on the Facebook link.

Ok, but only if you also repost some of the choicest pro-Bernie shit from Ank and fahdiz.  :lol:

Deal.  That shit is getting on my nerves.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

In moments like this I'm reminded of Lewis Black's comment on the 2000 presidential race:

QuoteIn my lifetime, we've gone from Eisenhower to George W. Bush. We've gone from John F. Kennedy to Al Gore. If this is evolution, I believe that in twelve years, we'll be voting for plants.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Maybe he just saw how much people liked Lloyd Bentsen's Quayle smackdown.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Liep on February 07, 2016, 09:37:36 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on February 07, 2016, 09:11:41 AM
Chris Christie exposes Marco Rubio to be a robot. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRB9ehEo46A

Wtf was Rubio trying to do though?

He was trying to dispel with the fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing. Barack Obama is undertaking a systematic effort to change this country to make America more like the rest of the world. 
This was because he needed to dispel with the fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing. Barack Obama is undertaking a systematic effort to change this country to make America more like the rest of the world.
Moreover, on the question of his experience, he thinks we need to dispel with the fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing. Barack Obama is undertaking a systematic effort to change this country to make America more like the rest of the world. 
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk