And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on February 02, 2016, 10:53:15 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 02, 2016, 10:49:15 AM
No Rubio is not an outsider blowhard lunatic. He is just a hard core right wing guy.

I'm trying to figure out which of the three front runners I would want to root for. It's a bit of a paradox.  :hmm:

Trump? No, he's a blowhard troll.

Cruz? No, he's a weirdo religious nutter.

Rubio? No, he's sincerely hardcore right wing.

Repeat.  :D

You say sincerely hardcore right wing as if it is a bad thing. :wub:

Marco Rubio has my all-important foreigner non-vote in this campaign. :thumbsup:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Barrister on February 02, 2016, 11:29:04 AM
No Rubio is not an outsider blowhard lunatic. He is just a hard core right wing guy.

I'm trying to figure out which of the three front runners I would want to root for. It's a bit of a paradox.  :hmm:

Marco Rubio has my all-important foreigner non-vote in this campaign. :thumbsup:

You'd abandon your countryman?!  :ultra:
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Berkut

kasich
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on February 02, 2016, 11:40:13 AM

kasich

Realclearpolitics has Kasich tied for second at 11.5 with Ted Cruz, with Jeb at 10.3, Rubio at 9.5 and Christie at 6.3.  But those are all very small numbers, and could easily be influenced by this last week of the campaign.

I'll make this prediction - Jeb Bush is not going to win 10% of the vote, and those voters are going to go somewhere not named Donald Trump.

Valmy

But they are not your kind of right wingers. They are radicals. I guess I always figured you for the rational Burkean type.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on February 02, 2016, 11:56:26 AM

But they are not your kind of right wingers. They are radicals. I guess I always figured you for the rational Burkean type.

And I've always styled myself as a Burkean-style conservative.

But "Burkean" is not synonymous with "moderate".

derspiess

I continue to Stand with Rand but am prepared to Cruise with Cruz should Rand drop out.  I'd also be happy with Kasich and Rubio.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

As has been established elsewhere, BB likes the adjective "Burkean" but in terms of rhetoric and policy prefers the radical populist wings of Conservative parties.

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on February 02, 2016, 12:17:29 PM
I continue to Stand with Rand but am prepared to Cruise with Cruz should Rand drop out.  I'd also be happy with Kasich and Rubio.

But you're not ready to Stump with Trump? Or Believe in a Fiorina?

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on February 02, 2016, 12:11:56 PM

And I've always styled myself as a Burkean-style conservative.

But "Burkean" is not synonymous with "moderate".

He said rational.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on February 02, 2016, 10:36:22 AM
Trump has gone silent on Twitter.  15 hours and counting with no tweets (so nothing since the results started coming in).  Politico.com has even set up a counter. :lol:

His supporters are not shutting up, at least according to my Facebook feed.  Posts range from "second place isn't bad-- we'll take the delegates we got and move on" to "OMG Rubio rigged the caucus because his second cousin knows the guy who counts votes somewhere".

Actually I only have two Trump supporters in my friends list but it feels like many more than that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on February 02, 2016, 12:22:19 PM
But you're not ready to Stump with Trump? Or Believe in a Fiorina?

Trump?  No.  Carly?  Move up a bit and we'll talk.

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on February 02, 2016, 12:24:45 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 02, 2016, 10:36:22 AM
Trump has gone silent on Twitter.  15 hours and counting with no tweets (so nothing since the results started coming in).  Politico.com has even set up a counter. :lol:

"OMG Rubio rigged the caucus because his second cousin knows the guy who counts votes somewhere".

Perhaps a reasonable concern since these are Republicans but its not Florida.

Josephus

As a left-leaner,I actually prefer Trump to Cruz. Mostly because it's cool to see the GOP freaking out over one of their own.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

alfred russel

Donald Trump is back on Twitter!!! He is going to take his story of unfair treatment by the media to New Hampshire, apparently.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014