News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Watching that video some Languishites posted on Facebook from a Democratic caucus and holy shit what a mess. :lol: If they get a similar voter increase the next time around it's game over for that style of voting.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4578575/clinton-voter-fraud-polk-county-iowa-caucus
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Liep on February 02, 2016, 07:11:36 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 02, 2016, 03:53:47 AM
Coin flips in Iowa?

I remember seeing the episode about this in VEEP but I can't recall what they actually did when it tied nationally. :hmm:

Supreme Court votes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 02, 2016, 08:30:40 AM
Sanders won voters under 30 by 70 points.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/02/iowa-bernie-sanders-won-his-partys-future.html?mid=facebook_nymag

I'm not sure what is the point of that slant by nymag. Winning the future? As though the youth opinions won't change over time?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on February 02, 2016, 07:25:56 AM
Watching that video some Languishites posted on Facebook from a Democratic caucus and holy shit what a mess. :lol: If they get a similar voter increase the next time around it's game over for that style of voting.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4578575/clinton-voter-fraud-polk-county-iowa-caucus

#democracyinaction
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on February 02, 2016, 08:47:10 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 02, 2016, 08:30:40 AM
Sanders won voters under 30 by 70 points.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/02/iowa-bernie-sanders-won-his-partys-future.html?mid=facebook_nymag

I'm not sure what is the point of that slant by nymag. Winning the future? As though the youth opinions won't change over time?

Since caucuses have lower turnouts and are disproportionately old, it may not be an encouraging sign for Clinton. But then many of the remaining states aren't all white.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Malthus

Does this demote Trump to a ... beta?  :hmm: [/Legbiter]

:P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Phillip V

Quote from: garbon on February 02, 2016, 03:53:47 AM
Coin flips in Iowa?
Clinton won at least 6 coin flips, which is more than her current entire "lead"...

Legbiter

Quote from: Malthus on February 02, 2016, 08:57:53 AM
Does this demote Trump to a ... beta?  :hmm: [/Legbiter]

:P

Yes!  :mad:

:lol:

Eh, Iowans endorsed Santorum and Huckaby for prez, let's see how the lulztrain does next in NH.  :thumbsup:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Also apparently the gay vote came out strongly for Cruz.  :hmm:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Legbiter on February 02, 2016, 10:25:01 AM
Also apparently the gay vote came out strongly for Cruz.  :hmm:

How about on his knees five times a day?  :osama:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Barrister

Trump has gone silent on Twitter.  15 hours and counting with no tweets (so nothing since the results started coming in).  Politico.com has even set up a counter. :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.