News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on January 29, 2016, 02:23:32 PM

Obama is smarter than Rubio because he went to Ivy league schools instead of UF and Miami? :rolleyes:

:lol:

QuoteAnd how the hell does Jeb Bush have the experience to be President over than his last name.  Sure he was a moderately successful governor - who left office nine years ago.

:lmfao:

Ok you had me chuckling with your sudden posturing as an extremist political radical but now you are taking the joke too far.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

And how the hell does Jeb Bush have the experience to be President over than his last name.  Sure he was a moderately successful governor - who left office nine years ago.

Is 9 years long enough to forget how to make decisions?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on January 29, 2016, 02:01:20 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 29, 2016, 01:57:47 PM
previously the OWS groups refused the notion of  leadership as being anti-democratic and against the tenets of their movement.  :frusty:

Yep. So worthless. Militancy combined with no specific demands or goals.

Bernie has specific goals.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on January 29, 2016, 02:12:19 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 29, 2016, 02:04:25 PM
Kasich

He is the only actual candidate who is sane, reasonable, moderate, and competent.

Should not be really objectionable to much of anyone.

I wasn't considering him in the running because he doesn't have a chance.

Could come in second in New Hampshire.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

When the electorate is ready to pass over Rubio for being too moderate, Kasich doesn't have much of a shot.

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 29, 2016, 02:33:33 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 29, 2016, 02:12:19 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 29, 2016, 02:04:25 PM
Kasich

He is the only actual candidate who is sane, reasonable, moderate, and competent.

Should not be really objectionable to much of anyone.

I wasn't considering him in the running because he doesn't have a chance.

Could come in second in New Hampshire.

But he's at 1% in South Carolina, and 2.5% nationally.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

And how the hell does Jeb Bush have the experience to be President over than his last name.  Sure he was a moderately successful governor - who left office nine years ago.

A two term governor of a major state is probably as good as experience for president as we can get. Obviously no guarantee of success.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Berkut

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 29, 2016, 02:45:58 PM
When the electorate is ready to pass over Rubio for being too moderate, Kasich doesn't have much of a shot.

So far, the reason Kasich has no chance, is because Kasich has no chance.

I've yet to actually here a substantial objection.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

lustindarkness

Quote from: Berkut on January 29, 2016, 03:20:09 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 29, 2016, 02:45:58 PM

Who?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

No, the reason Kasich has no chance is that Republican primary voters are crazy.

alfred russel

Because the election starts in a few days and polls indicate that almost no one wants to vote for him, and his campaign has no money.

Otherwise, seems like a reasonable candidate. With a reasonable electorate and a chance to get his message out, he should have a good chance. Unfortunately for him, those are two things he seems unlikely to get.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on January 29, 2016, 03:15:28 PM

A two term governor of a major state is probably as good as experience for president as we can get. Obviously no guarantee of success.

My objection was he left office nine years ago.  He might have been a much more compelling candidate in 2008 (except for being the brother of an unpopular outgoing president).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Kaisich's biggest downside is he has a truly awful sense of humor.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on January 29, 2016, 03:43:03 PM
My objection was he left office nine years ago.  He might have been a much more compelling candidate in 2008 (except for being the brother of an unpopular outgoing president).

That is a fine objection but that has nothing at all to do with his experience unless you have some evidence that the skills associated with governing have changed in some radical way in the past nine years.