News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: dps on January 23, 2016, 03:20:17 PM...and I still think that Trump will fade once people actually start having to vote for him

Given the metrics I use to assess American elections, I think Trump is getting the GOP nomination and has a solid shot at the presidency at this point.

I won't mind being wrong, though.

mongers

Oh here's an idea, European liberals writing into US newspapers and media to support a Trump nomination/presidency.  :ph34r:( not :ph34r: )
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jaron

The best chance America has is to vote a straight blue ticket.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on January 23, 2016, 03:59:46 PM
Oh here's an idea, European liberals writing into US newspapers and media to support a Trump nomination/presidency.  :ph34r:( not :ph34r: )

^_^

celedhring

I too believe there's a lot of hot air in Trump's polling numbers, and that he will fade away once people have to actually vote for him instead of answering a pollster.

Martinus

Quote"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally here.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/23/politics/donald-trump-shoot-somebody-support/index.html

:lol: Gotta give it to him. I disagree with him on most issues, but he has chutzpah like no other politician.  :D

Valmy

Quote from: Jaron on January 23, 2016, 04:02:28 PM
The best chance America has is to vote a straight blue ticket.

Yep. I have to go take a shower after I vote now. But then I guess voters throughout American history have had that feeling.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on January 23, 2016, 04:10:25 PM
I too believe there's a lot of hot air in Trump's polling numbers, and that he will fade away once people have to actually vote for him instead of answering a pollster.

I really hope that is true because fuck am I tired of the polling obsession this country has about every single freaking public issue.

But I doubt it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jaron

Quote from: Valmy on January 23, 2016, 05:05:26 PM

I really hope that is true because fuck am I tired of the polling obsession this country has about every single freaking public issue.

But I doubt it.

100% of Jarons polled agree with you.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Josephus

Not sure. Seems like he's likely to win the nomination. And if he does then he's going to get the Republican vote, especially since neither Hilary nor Sanders endear themselves to Republicans.

I think, right now, there's a pretty good chance we'll be saying President Trump a year from now.

What I do believe, though, is that if elected his rhetoric will stop.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on January 25, 2016, 03:31:28 PM

It seems to have mostly stopped already. Last several times I've seen Trump talking, it's been about how he's easy to work with, he'll get things done, yadda yadda yadda.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on January 25, 2016, 03:31:28 PM

Not sure. Seems like he's likely to win the nomination. And if he does then he's going to get the Republican vote, especially since neither Hilary nor Sanders endear themselves to Republicans.

I think, right now, there's a pretty good chance we'll be saying President Trump a year from now.

Probably a good that you don't make a living reporting on US politics...I hope.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Quote from: Josephus on January 25, 2016, 03:31:28 PMI think, right now, there's a pretty good chance we'll be saying President Trump a year from now.

Trump 2016-2024.  :lol: :showoff:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.