News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 10, 2015, 08:20:42 PM
Well, yeah. But even getting the nomination of one of the parties would qualify as one of the craziest choices made by the US electorate in my lifetime.

At least Jesse Ventura was just one state.

Hey Cruz is in 2nd place. At least that would get him out of the Senate for a bit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on December 10, 2015, 09:21:00 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 10, 2015, 08:20:42 PM
Well, yeah. But even getting the nomination of one of the parties would qualify as one of the craziest choices made by the US electorate in my lifetime.

At least Jesse Ventura was just one state.

Hey Cruz is in 2nd place. At least that would get him out of the Senate for a bit.

Together they take up 51%, so at this point I'm assuming one of them will win.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 10, 2015, 09:35:42 PM
Together they take up 51%, so at this point I'm assuming one of them will win.

They're not necessarily getting the same people. Cruz is the traditional check every box on the conservative think tank's rating list candidate, while Trump is the insurgent appealing to disaffected political outsiders.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 10, 2015, 06:38:32 PM
:bleeding:

CBS/NY Times Poll

Trump 35
Cruz 16   
Carson 13   
Rubio 9   
Bush 3
Christie 3
Paul 4
Kasich 3   
Fiorina 1
Huckabee 3

The media's publicity campaign for Trump is really paying off.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

11B4V

Quote from: Savonarola on December 11, 2015, 08:45:15 AM

CBS/NY Times Poll

Trump 35
Cruz 16   
Carson 13   
Rubio 9   
Bush 3
Christie 3
Paul 4
Kasich 3   
Fiorina 1
Huckabee 3

Yea, he lost what, one point for the stupid proclamation on Islam.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: Savonarola on December 11, 2015, 08:45:15 AM

CBS/NY Times Poll

Trump 35
Cruz 16   
Carson 13   
Rubio 9   
Bush 3
Christie 3
Paul 4
Kasich 3   
Fiorina 1
Huckabee 3

If CNN does 10 new Trump stories a day until the Iowa Caucus Trump may only win by 10 points.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

It struck me that the campaign is turning into a Cole Porter song:

In olden days a glimpse of stocking
Was looked on as something shocking
But now God knows
Anything goes

When Ben Carson who once beat his mother
Can be ahead of all the others
In the polls
Anything goes

When Hil with all her Wall Street millions
Says she'll raise taxes to the ceiling
On C-E-Os
Anything goes

When Trump's plan to keep all the Muslims out
Is all they ever talk about
On news shows
Anything goes

When Sanders can have his candidacy
Considered with all sincerity
Then Bernie shows
Anything goes

When Jeb Bush, once the lead candidate
Now must take shots in debate
At Rubio
Anything goes

;)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

alfred russel

A new poll has come out that has Trump down 10 to Cruz in Iowa. I'm stunned that Tim hasn't posted that. Oh wait, I'm not at all.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Phillip V

Quote from: alfred russel on December 13, 2015, 11:31:18 AM
A new poll has come out that has Trump down 10 to Cruz in Iowa. I'm stunned that Tim hasn't posted that. Oh wait, I'm not at all.  :P
It seems that Cruz has taken half the former Carson supporters both in Iowa and nationally.  Rubio has only taken the former Bush supporters, of which was a smaller base.

Trump remains steady with a floor of 20%-30%.  Thus, Cruz is not challenging Trump's base.  However, Trump should be able to naturally destroy Cruz if he goes into attack mode such as making fun of Cruz's Canadian birth to a Cuban national.  Cruz remained a citizen of Canada until last year.

Berkut

Quote from: Phillip V on December 13, 2015, 12:12:12 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on December 13, 2015, 11:31:18 AM
It seems that Cruz has taken half the former Carson supporters both in Iowa and nationally.  Rubio has only taken the former Bush supporters, of which was a smaller base.

Trump remains steady with a floor of 20%-30%.  Thus, Cruz is not challenging Trump's base.  However, Trump should be able to naturally destroy Cruz if he goes into attack mode such as making fun of Cruz's Canadian birth to a Cuban national.  Cruz remained a citizen of Canada until last year.
You know what is really fucked up?

Trump makes Cruz seem downright reasonable...but he isn't.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Phillip V on December 13, 2015, 12:12:12 PM
Cruz remained a citizen of Canada until last year.

A citizen of another country is allowed to sit in the Senate?  :huh:

sbr

He had dual citizenship.  He renounced his Canadian citizenship a year or two ago.

mongers

This race has nearly entered the home stretch, not long now.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on December 13, 2015, 05:09:18 PM

11 more months and America will vote, just 13 more months until the next president is sworn in, and just 14 more months until the thread "2020 elections-because its never too early" is started.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on December 13, 2015, 05:27:14 PM
Quote from: mongers on December 13, 2015, 05:09:18 PM

11 more months and America will vote, just 13 more months until the next president is sworn in, and just 14 more months until the thread "2020 elections-because its never too early" is started.  :P

Democracy.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"