And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 15, 2015, 07:33:25 PM
What was CNN thinking putting Axelrod, Begala, and Cuomo on its pre-game show?

Well the Republicans aren't going to take this seriously, why should anyone else?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

What the fuck is up with the doom and gloom on CNN?  Are were really such cowards that one small terrorist act is making us all pessimistic and feeling unsafe?

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on December 15, 2015, 08:19:49 PM
What the fuck is up with the doom and gloom on CNN?  Are were really such cowards that one small terrorist act is making us all pessimistic and feeling unsafe?

What's really odd is that we had two terrorist attacks recently, nobody mentions the first one...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Admiral Yi

There have been 3 successful Islamic terrorist attacks that I can think of since 9/11 and a number that have been foiled by law enforcement before they could be carried out.  Someone on CNN said that there have been six foiled attacks this year, and a honkin number of investigations (700??).

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 15, 2015, 09:42:09 PM

There have been 3 successful Islamic terrorist attacks that I can think of since 9/11 and a number that have been foiled by law enforcement before they could be carried out.  Someone on CNN said that there have been six foiled attacks this year, and a honkin number of investigations (700??).
Okay?  So we should be proudly declaring our state of scaredness based on that?

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 15, 2015, 09:42:09 PM

That doesn't seem that big a number compared to the number of non-Islamic mass shootings in the same time span.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on December 16, 2015, 12:32:57 AM
That doesn't seem that big a number compared to the number of non-Islamic mass shootings in the same time span.

It's a bigger number than the one that Guller mentioned.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 16, 2015, 12:43:21 AM
Quote from: Jacob on December 16, 2015, 12:32:57 AM

It's a bigger number than the one that Guller mentioned.
I was not talking about the number of terrorist attacks since the declaration of independence.  The one and only attack that made everyone suddenly desperate for effective reassurance is the San Bernardino attack.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on December 16, 2015, 12:55:02 AM
The one and only attack that made everyone suddenly desperate for effective reassurance is the San Bernardino attack.

9/11 led to us going to war. Twice.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?