News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

alfred russel

If we actually have a president trump, for the first time I think I will be genuinely embarrassed to be an American.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

He's a clown, but then so are the lot of them.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

USAT/Suffolk poll is out 

Trump 27%, Cruz 17%, Rubio 16, Carson 10%, Bush 4%, Christie 2%, Fiorina 1%, Kaisch 2%, Paul 2%, Huckabee 1%, Santorum 1%, Graham 0.

Last USAT/Suffolk poll cam out September 28th.

Since then Trump is up 4%, Cruz is up 11%, Rubio is up 7%, Carson is down 3%, Bush is down 4%, Christies is up 1%, Fiorina is down 12%, Kaish is the same, Paul is the same, Huckabee is down 1%, Santorum is up 1% and Graham is down 1%.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

Kasich has blown past Fiorina!

I suspect he would be doing a lot better if anyone could remember how his name is spelled.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/12/09/kasich-to-present-plan-to-defeat-the-terrorist-threat/

It is campaign slogan bullshit of course, but his actual statements are actually rather reasoned and reasonable.

It is no wonder he cannot get any traction.

I have to wonder though, if he isn't trying to just hang around, hang around, and once the crazies shake themselves out, hope that he will be one of just a couple left, possibly to position himself as a viable VP choice?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

I think he's term limited as governor. Otherwise he'd have an easy ride for a 3rd term. The Dems are just awful in Ohio.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

:bleeding:

CBS/NY Times Poll

Trump 35
Cruz 16   
Carson 13   
Rubio 9   
Bush 3
Christie 3
Paul 4
Kasich 3   
Fiorina 1
Huckabee 3

1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

The South Americans are starting to show some sanity just as we are on the verge of electing Trump.  :hmm:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Monoriu

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 10, 2015, 07:36:45 PM
The South Americans are starting to show some sanity just as we are on the verge of electing Trump.  :hmm:

Having 30-something % support in the primaries of one of the two major parties, before any primary elections have been held, doesn't count as "on the verge of electing"  :P

MadImmortalMan

Well, yeah. But even getting the nomination of one of the parties would qualify as one of the craziest choices made by the US electorate in my lifetime.

At least Jesse Ventura was just one state.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Jesse Ventura turned out to be a pretty good governor and a pretty smart guy.