News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Quote from: Valmy on December 01, 2016, 01:58:33 PM

What I like is when they are challenged on it they say 'you have to be super naive to think there is NOT massive voter fraud going on.'

Fuck. Stupid conspiracy theory logic.

That's because there are no such things as facts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-surrogate-claims-no-facts_us_58408f8ee4b0c68e047fd952
Que le grand cric me croque !

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/02/politics/michigan-attorney-general-files-suit-to-stop-recount/index.html

QuoteMichigan attorney general files lawsuit to stop recount

Washington (CNN)Michigan's attorney general announced Friday he would file suit to stop a recount requested by Green Party candidate Dr. Jill Stein.

"Today I am filing suit to stop @DrJillStein's frivolous, expensive recount request," Bill Schuette, a Republican, wrote on Twitter.

The state's top law enforcement official said that he had "filed an emergency motion with the Mich Supreme Court to bypass the Court of Appeals to ensure a timely process."

Schuette's office later put out a statement explaining the motion.

"Michigan voters rejected Stein's candidacy by massive margins but her refusal to accept that state-verified result poses an expensive and risky threat to hard-working taxpayers and abuses the intent of Michigan law," Schuette said. "We have asked the court to end the recount which Stein is pursuing in violation of Michigan laws that protect the integrity of our elections. It is inexcusable for Stein to put Michigan voters at risk of paying millions and potentially losing their voice in the Electoral College in the process."

Stein had filed a request last week for a recount of Michigan's vote in the 2016 election after a razor-thin margin made the state the last to be called. President-elect Donald Trump ended up winning Michigan's 16 electoral votes by just 0.2 percentage points, or just under 10,000 votes out of over 5.5 million cast.

Stein is also fighting efforts to halt the recount in Wisconsin as well, where Trump supporters have also tried to stop the recount in progress there.

"The Jill Stein Campaign plans to intervene and join the Wisconsin Elections Commission in defending the recount," Stein's attorney Matthew D. Brinckerhoff said in an emailed statement. "Citizens in Wisconsin and across the country have made it clear that they want a recount and deserve to see this process through to ensure integrity in the vote."

Stein defended her decision to request a recount in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania -- three traditionally blue swing states that proved critical to Trump's upset victory -- in an interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper.

"What we have are predictors that if tampering took place, it would be most likely to be discovered in the three states where we are looking," she said on "Anderson Cooper 360." "Unless we actually look, we would never know," she said.

"But without having the evidence, aren't you actually contributing, perhaps unfairly, to that lack of confidence in the system itself?" Cooper asked Stein.

"What the voting technology experts tell us is that you cannot tell unless you're actually counting paper votes," she said. "And I don't think the FBI has done that."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grinning_Colossus

A modern-day Katherine Harris. I see great boons in his future.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on December 02, 2016, 02:36:13 PM
https://trumpgrets.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYeZJ9_Hmwg

That thing makes me want to fucking kill people. How stupid are these people? Especially the woman who thought voting for Donald Trump was the way to get action on wage gap issues. Huh?

On the other hand it is kind of wild you can just send a message to the President Elect of the US at any moment of the day.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on December 02, 2016, 06:06:47 PM
A modern-day Katherine Harris. I see great boons in his future.

Recount ain't gonna flip a race unless the margin is in the hundreds. 10,000 votes is a huge number.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2016, 08:52:26 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 02, 2016, 02:36:13 PM
https://trumpgrets.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYeZJ9_Hmwg

That thing makes me want to fucking kill people. How stupid are these people? Especially the woman who thought voting for Donald Trump was the way to get action on wage gap issues. Huh?

On the other hand it is kind of wild you can just send a message to the President Elect of the US at any moment of the day.

Poison, really.

She voted for a known misogynist to close the pay gap. Oh  :lol: shit you dumb lady. You deserve what you get.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

Trump voters will no doubt get what they deserve, but even more people are going to get the same treatment without deserving it.  :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on December 02, 2016, 09:07:55 PM
Trump voters will no doubt get what they deserve, but even more people are going to get the same treatment without deserving it.  :(

derniggerhater didn't want me to have healthcare, and he made sure of it. :yeah;

Liep

Someone retweeted this:

QuoteDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  7h7 hours ago
Just tried watching Saturday Night Live - unwatchable! Totally biased, not funny and the Baldwin impersonation just can't get any worse. Sad

So I had to watch it. Not that funny, I guess it's hard to jest when you're genuinely worried, but at least Baldwin's impersonation continues to be spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI3g_laToxE
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on December 04, 2016, 06:50:46 AM
Someone retweeted this:

Just tried watching Saturday Night Live - unwatchable! Totally biased, not funny and the Baldwin impersonation just can't get any worse. Sad

So I had to watch it. Not that funny, I guess it's hard to jest when you're genuinely worried, but at least Baldwin's impersonation continues to be spot on.

True on all fronts.

Also, I'm wondering when they'll get rid of that white guy (who was the other strategist trying to do the briefing). I don't think they've ever had him have a laugh line yet.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

I don't think I've ever seen him in a skit before.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 04, 2016, 07:37:05 AM
I don't think I've ever seen him in a skit before.

He's new and only been in a few so far.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on December 04, 2016, 07:30:53 AM
Quote from: Liep on December 04, 2016, 06:50:46 AM
Someone retweeted this:

True on all fronts.

Also, I'm wondering when they'll get rid of that white guy (who was the other strategist trying to do the briefing). I don't think they've ever had him have a laugh line yet.

It was a pretty bad skit.  Not sure even David Pumpkins could save it :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Of course you mention the one thing that could make it worse.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?