2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on December 13, 2016, 01:23:02 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 13, 2016, 01:13:08 PM
And yeah, how about we let this thread sink or swim on its own merits?

Could we do the same with the weather? :wacko:

Sure.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

I wonder why Democrats liked him better before.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

celedhring

Good grief. Tribalism is so terrifyingly strong nowadays.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on December 14, 2016, 12:46:14 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 14, 2016, 11:57:31 AM
That's both hilarious and sad.
Where is the hilarious part?

Oh, I'm sorry.  We're grieving here, aren't we.  Never mind :mellow:

LaCroix

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on December 14, 2016, 02:22:00 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 14, 2016, 12:46:14 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 14, 2016, 11:57:31 AM
That's both hilarious and sad.
Where is the hilarious part?

Oh, I'm sorry.  We're grieving here, aren't we.  Never mind :mellow:

I don't think there's a grief thing at play with not finding it hilarious. What's funny about people completely revising their opinion after a few speeches by a presidential candidate?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: LaCroix on December 14, 2016, 02:28:17 PM
derspeiss should feel ASHAMED

I don't really think we need you acting in such a manner. :mellow:

LaCroix

because republicans have traditionally really disliked russia, and now some of those republicans are OK with russia. if a KKK leader took over and convinced a portion of its members that blacks are good people, it would also be hilarious.