2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Somehow I thought Pelosi was on her 60s.

Most of that leadership could be dead/senile by the end of the current political cycle.  :hmm:

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 30, 2016, 02:06:24 PM
No surprise on Pelosi, sad to say.

Yeah, she's had her day.  I do like Schumer though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Valmy

These old fossils will be out of the way soon and replaced by Bernie-types (younger ones) soon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on November 30, 2016, 08:40:31 AM
I'm not going :(

They discovered you have a hispanic wife. :(

It is okay. You will have to divorce of course and spend a brief period in reeducation, but after that you will be rehabilitated. :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on November 30, 2016, 03:18:27 PM

They discovered you have a hispanic wife. :(

It is okay. You will have to divorce of course and spend a brief period in reeducation, but after that you will be rehabilitated. :)

:lol:  I'm sure I can get her a certificate. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: celedhring on November 30, 2016, 02:19:34 PM
Somehow I thought Pelosi was on her 60s.

Well, she used to be, so at one time you were right.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 29, 2016, 11:45:08 PM
Haven't gotten my text message confirming my tickets. COME ON DONNIE

He stiffed the Freedom Kids, ffs. The fuck you expect, preggo puncher.

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 30, 2016, 02:06:24 PM
No surprise on Pelosi, sad to say.

I can understand desperate people voting for Trump - there is a chance he will be an effective leader.  I don't understand why any Democratic congressman would vote for Pelosi - she's a known failure.  I know she is vindictive and abuses her power like mad, but if you vote her out she cannot abuse her power to punish her.

I guess the House Democrats are more comfortable as bumbling losers.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2016, 02:40:28 PM
These old fossils will be out of the way soon and replaced by Bernie-types (younger ones) soon.

Who are these younger Bernie types?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.