News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on November 18, 2016, 04:19:34 PM
So apparently it's a thing now for Trump supporters to go to Starbucks and have the barista write "Trump" on their cup :huh:

Must be all those white women getting their pumpkin spice lattes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

And then they spend 10 minutes trying to figure out which coffee is for which Trump. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

Quote from: HVC on November 09, 2016, 06:13:41 PM
Trump got 53% of the white women voters? Wow.

Yeah..... wow.....

<_<

Stupid cunts....

merithyn

Quote from: mongers on November 18, 2016, 05:51:50 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 18, 2016, 05:30:24 PM

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 08, 2016, 11:36:25 PM
This may be one of the worst days of my life.

Ya' think?  :rolleyes:

Meri, welcome back.  :)

Hey, mongers! :hug:

I avoided the place during the election.. and then after, well.... I kind of needed a break from politics all together.

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on November 18, 2016, 06:01:33 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 18, 2016, 05:51:50 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 18, 2016, 05:30:24 PM

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 08, 2016, 11:36:25 PM
This may be one of the worst days of my life.

Ya' think?  :rolleyes:

Meri, welcome back.  :)

Hey, mongers! :hug:

I avoided the place during the election.. and then after, well.... I kind of needed a break from politics all together.

Hi :hug:

Yeah, I too need a break from the alt.right bandwagon, problem is we've had two/three of their mouth pieces on her trolling for the Lolz, so what do you do?

Must be much worse if you're an American liberal face with these four years.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 15, 2016, 09:11:00 PM
I sat for 5 minutes the other day, and simply listened to a friend of mine rail nonstop about, of all things, this.

He totally unloaded about how incredibly cynical it all was, what a complete and totally manufactured photo-op it was.  So ridiculously staged.  You mean to tell me that you're just walking, the day after the election, and suddenly the Clintons are there? Popping up out of nowhere for a picture?  That goes straight to the internet?  Yeah, right.  So fake.  So artificial.   So typically Clinton.

So really...with that much blinding, irrational and frothing hate for that woman out there, in the end I really don't think it would've mattered how the campaign was run after all.

Pretty much...

Nothing she did was enough. Nothing she did was "right". That's pretty much true any time she was up for a "promotion". Once she was in the job, she did such a bang up job of it that the criticism pretty much stopped. But damn... every time she asked for a bit more responsibility.... Nothing doing....

LaCroix

merithyn

Quote from: mongers on November 18, 2016, 06:14:06 PM

Yeah, I too need a break from the alt.right bandwagon, problem is we've had two/three of their mouth pieces on her trolling for the Lolz, so what do you do?

Must be much worse if you're an American liberal face with these four years.  :(

Yeah... pretty much. The abuse of my friends has already begun (several of my LGBT friends have been directly attacked by Trumpers), and others are getting their concealed carry permits for safety.

Making American great again, one attack at a time...

merithyn

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on November 18, 2016, 08:13:32 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 18, 2016, 06:14:06 PM

Yeah... pretty much. The abuse of my friends has already begun (several of my LGBT friends have been directly attacked by Trumpers), and others are getting their concealed carry permits for safety.

Making American great again, one attack at a time...

New you'll would come around. But getting a permit is near useless without proper initial training and keeping those skills sharp by regular practice. Perishable skill.

All hunky dory until you have to draw it and shoot accurately under stress.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on November 18, 2016, 08:31:43 PM
New you'll would come around. But getting a permit is near useless without proper initial training and keeping those skills sharp by regular practice. Perishable skill.

How much training does it take to hold it sideways and swear a lot?

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 18, 2016, 08:44:13 PM

Ask Seedy
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 18, 2016, 08:44:13 PM

Ask Seedy
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".