News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: DGuller on November 18, 2016, 09:47:47 PM
Guys, are you sure that now is the best time to do this kind of thing in public, right after you heard from Meri about what's starting to happen?

Meh, it's not really news, is it? I mean, there have been tons of reports out there for over a week. Stupid people feel like it's okay to be even more stupid.

So far, it's only been harassment and destruction of private property. Thankfully.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

If I hear anything planned by my Trump-voting friends, I'll let you guys know.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on November 18, 2016, 10:19:47 PM
Guys, are you sure that now is the best time to do this kind of thing in public, right after you heard from Meri about what's starting to happen?

Meh, it's not really news, is it? I mean, there have been tons of reports out there for over a week. Stupid people feel like it's okay to be even more stupid.

So far, it's only been harassment and destruction of private property. Thankfully.

Don't worry, another two months and the Department of Justice will make sure you never hear about any of it ever again.

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 18, 2016, 10:24:07 PM

Don't worry, another two months and the Department of Justice will make sure you never hear about any of it ever again.

:ph34r: :homestar:

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 18, 2016, 10:24:07 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 18, 2016, 10:19:47 PM

JB don't care for those folk.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 18, 2016, 08:44:13 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on November 18, 2016, 08:31:43 PM
New you'll would come around. But getting a permit is near useless without proper initial training and keeping those skills sharp by regular practice. Perishable skill.

All hunky dory until you have to draw it and shoot accurately under stress.

How much training does it take to hold it sideways and swear a lot?

Difficult.  You need a SAG card for that
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

merithyn

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 18, 2016, 10:36:58 PM
New you'll would come around. But getting a permit is near useless without proper initial training and keeping those skills sharp by regular practice. Perishable skill.

Nah. Yi's Asian. He just needs to raise his arms gracefully and say, "HooWAHHHHH!" No gun required. :)

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on November 18, 2016, 09:08:24 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 18, 2016, 08:54:17 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 18, 2016, 08:51:09 PM
My friends are liberals, not idiots. :P

The three or four that I know that are looking into it signed up for gun safety and target shooting right after they applied for their FOID cards. Two of them are also archers, so they already have a keen sense of weapon safety, etc.

Not sure how you're celebrating when they're getting this because they fear angry white men. :hmm:

Gun nut.

The four that I know are getting guns are:

* a black woman with a young, biracial son who lives in the Chicago suburbs
* a black transgender f2m who lives in the "country" outside the Chicago suburbs
* a white transgender m2f who lives in southern Indiana
* a white gay man who lives in Chicago proper, but regularly travels through and across Indiana

:(

#TrumpsAmerica

EDIT: I mistyped Evelyn's gender. She's m2f, not the other way around. In Southern Indiana, that matters... a lot.

Meant as answer to your last statement. B4 is a gun nut. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 18, 2016, 10:36:58 PM

:lol:

But yeah, movies started employing it because sideways grip allows you to easily frame both gun and character's face in a tight frame, which is great for tension. A regular grip will often obstruct the character's face. A good example of that:

If ScarJo were to hold the gun correctly, it would block her eyes, or the director would have to use a less tight framing with the gun and face.

Then, rap video directors and gangstas all over the world thought it was cool and edgy.

CountDeMoney

:lol: In all fairness, Luc Besson:  not a big fan of the modified Weaver grip.

Hamilcar

I'm curious, those of you who Know About Weapons and stuff: when you see something that's silly or wrong, do you really cringe, or are your expectations so low that you just laugh it off or ignore it.

celedhring

Had they cared so much they wouldn't have survived 90's Hollywood.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 19, 2016, 11:33:53 AM
I'm curious, those of you who Know About Weapons and stuff: when you see something that's silly or wrong, do you really cringe, or are your expectations so low that you just laugh it off or ignore it.

11B cringes, because he's a sociopath.  I shrug.

jimmy olsen

Hillary's well on track to win the popular vote by 2 million. ^_^

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/hillary-clinton-won-popular-vote-over-donald-trump-but-by-how-much-w451352
QuoteAs of Saturday, November 19, Clinton's total popular vote count came to 63,541,056, with Trump's total coming to 61,864,015, meaning that the former Secretary of State had increased her lead to 1.67 million votes. According to nonpartisan Cook Political Report, Clinton now has 48 percent of the popular vote, as compared to Trump's 46.7 percent.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 20, 2016, 05:06:01 AM
Hillary's well on track to win the popular vote by 2 million. ^_^

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/hillary-clinton-won-popular-vote-over-donald-trump-but-by-how-much-w451352
QuoteAs of Saturday, November 19, Clinton's total popular vote count came to 63,541,056, with Trump's total coming to 61,864,015, meaning that the former Secretary of State had increased her lead to 1.67 million votes. According to nonpartisan Cook Political Report, Clinton now has 48 percent of the popular vote, as compared to Trump's 46.7 percent.

she might well win by over 2 million. that would prove im a dumbass for offering you the bet with that term.

however, the results so far also are showing that what you were bringing to the forum was the same idiocy you always do and was also wrong, because it is highly unlikely she is getting over 50%.  You are also a dumbass for not taking the bet.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014