News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Scottie Neil Hughes, one of Trump's warrior poets, made a reference to a "mazel tov cocktail" on CNN last night.

I simply cannot wait to see these people on the White House staff.

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2016, 12:23:07 PM
Scottie Neil Hughes, one of Trump's warrior poets, made a reference to a "mazel tov cocktail" on CNN last night.

I simply cannot wait to see these people on the White House staff.

Historic levels of incompetence and corruption. It will be a spectacle, no doubt.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zanza

I am sure the NSA has the capability to "read" 650,000 emails in a matter of seconds and classify them into "relevant" and "not relevant" for human readers if you set up the targeting routines right.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Comey might be able to ask for help from the Russians though...

0 rows returned

Zanza

I don't know how the American government works. Our government agencies all have the duty to help out any other government agency the best they can.

Berkut

Quote from: Zanza on November 07, 2016, 12:51:25 PM
I don't know how the American government works. Our government agencies all have the duty to help out any other government agency the best they can.

:lmfao:

0 rows returned

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Zanza

Shouldn't that be  :cry: if that's not the case in America? You are wasting precious tax dollars.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zanza on November 07, 2016, 12:51:25 PM

That is absolutely, positively adorable.
If I were a woman, I would let your friends think you fingered me.

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on November 07, 2016, 12:59:44 PM
Shouldn't that be  :cry: if that's not the case in America? You are wasting precious tax dollars.

The Department of Homeland Security was supposed to get them all to get along but eh...

Fierce inter-department and inter-service competition has been a longstanding tradition in our government. I guess we figure it keeps us sharp.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

Okay, understood. Seems silly and inefficient, but whatever, it's your country.

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on November 07, 2016, 01:08:48 PM
Okay, understood. Seems silly and inefficient, but whatever, it's your country.

In a slightly more sane answer to the same question, at least over here we're always restricted in what we can do and share because of protection of privacy legislation.  I do sometimes get a call from different government agencies and we often have to say "sorry we can't tell you what we know".  Health care records are the worst (since health care is government-run over here).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2016, 12:07:09 PM
More like using basic email forensics tools that screen for timestamps, POP3 and SMTP data, and other E-fingerprints and processes against the database of existing emails.

Let's not romanticize this and make it more complicated than it actually is.

Yes but even it may be even simpler than that.  The first thing they probably did is de-duped against what they already had.  That and eliminating multiple iterations of the same string would likely get the number way down. 

But at the basic level is pretty funny that someone would have the idea that the Director of the FBI would be personally reviewing each and every email. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Zanza

Quote from: Barrister on November 07, 2016, 01:12:41 PM
In a slightly more sane answer to the same question, at least over here we're always restricted in what we can do and share because of protection of privacy legislation.  I do sometimes get a call from different government agencies and we often have to say "sorry we can't tell you what we know".  Health care records are the worst (since health care is government-run over here).
Privacy legislation should pertain to information, not to tools to process information that you already legally have (which I assume was the case for the FBI as they had a warrant).