2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on October 14, 2016, 02:17:00 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 14, 2016, 02:12:37 PM
If we all write in "None of the Above" can we just have a do over where neither of these two yahoos is allowed to run again?

Yes, if you spell it "Johnson".

How will electing Johnson enable us to do the election again?

Not that I am all that interested in Cruz or Sanders.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Johnson is a moron.

You people should vote for that Egg McMuffin guy, tbh
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

http://nymag.com/selectall/2016/10/serious-face-debate-man-earlest-johnson-voting-for-hillary.html

QuoteGuy Angrily Staring at Trump During the Debates Was Thinking Exactly What You Thought He Was

Johnson has spoken out about his chosen candidate: Hillary Clinton. (Ken Bone still remains publicly undecided.) Johnson told BuzzFeed News he was turned off by the way Trump presented himself during the debate. "He walked around her, sat behind her, and almost like he was stalking her," Johnson said. "It was a lot of weird and it was very creepy." Johnson also said he would be voting for Clinton and is "absolutely not a Trump supporter."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/oct/14/trump-women-sexual-misconduct-election-live

QuoteDonald Trump: Accuser 'would not be my first choice'

Speaking in Greensboro, North Carolina, at the same time as yet another woman came forward with allegations that he had sexually assaulted her, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump dismissed the allegations of Jessica Leeds, who alleged that Trump assaulted her in the first-class cabin of an airplane in 1979.

"The only way they figure they can slow it down is to come up with people that are willing to say, 'Oh, I was with Donald Trump in 1980! I was sitting with him on an airplane! And he went after me on the plane!'" Trump said dismissively.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go after you. Believe me - she would not be my first choice, that I can tell you. Man. You don't know - that would not be my first choice."

The audience cheered.

I'm not a pig. I just rate the attractiveness of women who accuse me of sexual assault.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Paddy Power odds have edged up, to 1/10 and 5/1.

FunkMonk

PPP poll just came out showing Clinton with a 4-5 point margin over Trump blah blah blah boring...

This, however, was hilarious (and telling):

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_FL_104161.pdf
-Alex Jones floated the notion this week that Hillary Clinton is actually a demon,
and 40% of Trump voters say that they really do think Clinton is a demon to only
42% who dismiss that idea. This measurement pretty clearly shows that 40% of
Trump's base is the InfoWars crowd, so they're not going to be too dissuaded by
allegations of sexual misconduct.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

An actual demon as opposed to a hypothetical one? Oh a metaphorical one!

dps

Interesting that 2% of Clinton's supporters think that she's an actual demon.

Monoriu

What exactly is an "actual demon" anyway?  :unsure:

Jacob

Quote from: Monoriu on October 14, 2016, 06:02:45 PM

Surely you must have watched an anime that explains the concept?

Monoriu

Quote from: Jacob on October 14, 2016, 06:20:29 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on October 14, 2016, 06:02:45 PM

Surely you must have watched an anime that explains the concept?

Of course, but I won't ask "are any of our politicians actual magical girls?"  So what you are saying is they really mean those kinds of fictional demons?  Geez.

11B4V

If we all write in "None of the Above" can we just have a do over where neither of these two yahoos is allowed to run again?

:lmfao:
Not a fucking chance.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Jacob

The Trump Foundation gave $7.00 to the Boy Scouts of America in 1989.

Why that amount? Apparently that's the registration fee.

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/787033721534869504

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2016, 02:26:43 PM

How will electing Johnson enable us to do the election again?

Not that I am all that interested in Cruz or Sanders.

It is built into our system. We always redo these things. You just have to wait 4 years.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on October 14, 2016, 10:32:28 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 14, 2016, 10:23:57 AM
So what's the deal with that old tape of Obama?  Was he really showing off his boner?

Only thing I can see is one ghetto website with a video in what...144p?
Where is that?