2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on October 14, 2016, 10:23:57 AM
So what's the deal with that old tape of Obama?  Was he really showing off his boner?

Only thing I can see is one ghetto website with a video in what...144p?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 14, 2016, 07:56:56 AMI think that is just the media having a ball with watching Trump's life implode on national TV. They smell blood in the water, I think. Also he does it to himself  :lol:

And yet something's off. I sense a disturbance in the Force similar to Brexit. Lusti seems to feel it as well, this is his November 8th prediction for the Clinton campaign: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmLP0QQPqFw  :hmm: :ph34r:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on October 14, 2016, 10:32:28 AM
So what's the deal with that old tape of Obama?  Was he really showing off his boner?

I know.  Cellphone video quality has come a long way in the past 8 years.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on October 14, 2016, 10:37:04 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 14, 2016, 10:32:28 AM

I know.  Cellphone video quality has come a long way in the past 8 years.

I watched the video quickly but couldn't see what the website promised was lewd behaviour or a woman distressed with his behavior. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Gups

Quote from: Syt on October 14, 2016, 07:58:06 AM
It would be amusing if he would pretend he won, ignoring everyone saying otherwise, and just shows up for the inauguration.

It wouldn't even be that surprising.

If nothing else, she have to be impressed/amazed/appalled at the man's chutzpah.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Legbiter on October 14, 2016, 10:34:49 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on October 14, 2016, 07:56:56 AMI think that is just the media having a ball with watching Trump's life implode on national TV. They smell blood in the water, I think. Also he does it to himself  :lol:

And yet something's off. I sense a disturbance in the Force similar to Brexit. Lusti seems to feel it as well, this is his November 8th prediction for the Clinton campaign: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmLP0QQPqFw  :hmm: :ph34r:

I do suspect the media will try to start one more "OMGGG Trump is making a comeback!!!11!" narrative. Unfortunately for Trump, hundreds of thousands of people are already voting right now during the worst period of his candidacy.

It's not over till it's over though.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

Is early voting something a campaign should worry about though? The profile of voter that votes nearly a month in advance is somebody who's already pretty assured of his/her choice to begin with.

Syt

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/oct/14/trump-women-sexual-misconduct-election-live?page=with:block-5800ec30e4b0160123895bf6#block-5800ec30e4b0160123895bf6

Carson casts doubt on the women's statements, but says whether or not they're liars doesn't matter.

QuoteCarson demands to 'turn off' mic of female journo asking about Trump scandal

Trump surrogate Ben Carson unleashed on live TV this morning, asking to "turn off" the microphone of a female journalist who questioned if he was accusing the women who say Trump harassed them of being liars, during an appearance MSNBC's Morning Joe.

Carson raised the idea that the female accusers against Donald Trump may not be honest, noting that "I do have common sense, and for instance, if somebody's sitting next to you in the first class section of the airplane -- there are stewardesses, there are other people around, and there's this gigantic arm rest," a reference to Jessica Leeds who says Trump groped her in on a plane.

Journalist Katty Kay quizzed him further on him suggesting the women might be lying. What doesn't come across in the transcript is how upset everyone is, it's worth checking out the video.

KAY: I want to push you on these allegations of sexual abuse, because you seem to be suggesting -- this morning in this interview with your description of the first class cabin, and in previous interviews, that these women are lying. The real reason that women who have been sexually abused don't come forward to talk about their stories is precisely this, that all too often, they are accused of being liars. Are you saying that these women are lying?

CARSON: That's your characterization, because you need to characterize it that way to try to make me the bad guy.

KAY: No, no, no, you just said -- it's a question --

CARSON: Stop, stop stop, stop.

SCARBOROUGH: No stop --

CARSON: Can you turn her microphone off, please?

SCARBOROUGH: No! It's a simple question, yes or no? Do you believe these women are lying or not? Nobody's trying to paint you as a bad guy. We just want an answer. Straight talk.

CARSON: It doesn't matter whether they're lying or not.

KAY: Of course it matters.

CARSON: What matters, is -- listen, it doesn't matter whether they're lying or not. What matters is that the train is going off the cliff. We're taking our eye off of that --

KAY: No, Mr. --

CARSON: -- and getting involved in other issues.

KAY: Of course it matters whether they're lying, because if the campaign is saying, and you are suggesting that they are lying, because this possibly couldn't have happened because of the way that first class cabins are designed and there are hostesses there --

CARSON: Would you listen --

KAY: -- which is implying that you think they are lying, that they're not telling the truth, then that's a huge issue.

CARSON: Do you guys have a plug, please? OK. Here's what we need to be thinking about. I love the fact that all of the sudden you want to talk about morality in our country. I would love us to bring back our Judeo-Christian values and begin to teach those things and emphasize them at a time other than a political election. Let's do that. But right now, the train is going off the cliff.

Carson then continued to get into a fight with co-host Joe Scarborough when the retired neurologist kept saying "you people in the media."

SCARBOROUGH: What side have I taken, Dr. Carson? I'm just curious. Because I'll tell you what, Hillary Clinton people think I'm on Trump's side, and Trump people think I'm on Hillary Clinton's side. I'm so confused, I don't know what side I'm on.

CARSON: Let me ask you a question. Do you believe that your network is unbiased?

SCARBOROUGH: I don't believe any network is unbiased.

CARSON: All right. Then you have just confirmed what I said. You need to be working toward that goal. Don't just capitulate to the fact -- don't just capitulate to it.

SCARBOROUGH: There aren't robots running any network. I mean, there is a point of view at Fox, there's a point of view at CNN, there's a point of view at MSNBC, "The New York Times", or "The Wall Street Journal". I mean, I'm smart enough to read all of those and filter through it. I'm sure you are too, right?

CARSON: How about you become the champion for the people and start --

SCARBOROUGH: I am the champion for the people, sir. I am, and that's why real life Democrats and Republicans come on and we consider this to be a safe zone and we don't let people talk through talking points.

CARSON: OK, work on your colleagues, then, please.

SCARBOROUGH: My colleagues can take care of themselves, but Dr. Carson, we thank you for being with us, and you work on your colleagues. Please, work on my Republican Party and Elise's Republican Party. We're in trouble. Thank you for being with us.

12 minute video: http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/ben-carson-on-trump-media-bias-accusers-785928259860

Talk about a train going off the cliff.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

LOL, too many Wile E Coyote cartoons as a kid, Ben.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on October 14, 2016, 10:42:49 AM
I watched the video quickly but couldn't see what the website promised was lewd behaviour or a woman distressed with his behavior. :hmm:

That's kinda why I'm asking what was going on.  Apparently he had wood while he was talking on the phone, then for whatever reason put his leg up on a seat and said "no flash photography". 

Did not hear anyone distressed, just maybe nervous laughing. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 14, 2016, 11:36:33 AM
It's so not over.

How on earth is Trump going to crawl out of this giant hole he fell in?  No amount of Hillary emails/revelations/whatever is going to save him.  He's done-- for real this time.

CountDeMoney

I do not discount the firepower of a fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dumbfuckistan.
It's not over.