2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Jacob on October 13, 2016, 12:59:49 PM
Quote"And her law firm, which is a very big and powerful law firm, which is the one that said, 'Oh, they'll determine what they're giving,' those representatives within that law firm that did that, have to go to jail," Trump said.

Oh that's the last straw, right there. Trump delenda est
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

mongers

Why are people surprised by Trump ratcheting up the conspiracy stuff, it's similar to the way Hitler increasingly reveal his 'truth' whilst casting himself as the sole means of national salvation; I'm just wondering if Trump will go anti-Semitic before Nov 8th.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 13, 2016, 01:50:04 PM
Quote from: Jacob on October 13, 2016, 12:59:49 PM
Quote"And her law firm, which is a very big and powerful law firm, which is the one that said, 'Oh, they'll determine what they're giving,' those representatives within that law firm that did that, have to go to jail," Trump said.

Oh that's the last straw, right there. Trump delenda est

I don't know, he seems to be doing a good enough job of destroying himself. 

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2016, 12:50:22 PM
It's agressive, but I do like the 'your client doesn't have a good name to defame' angle. :)

I think it's more - you can't say you've been damaged by a claim that you did something that you yourself are in the public record saying that you do.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on October 13, 2016, 01:50:09 PM
I'm just wondering if Trump will go anti-Semitic before Nov 8th.

He certainly is dancing right at the line.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

frunk

I just realized that Clinton is Mayor Quimby and Trump is Sideshow Bob.  I feel a lot better now that I have a Simpsons paradigm to go off of.  Hopefully if Sideshow Trump does win there will be a trial where he's tricked into revealing how he fixed the election.

Barrister

Quote from: mongers on October 13, 2016, 01:50:09 PM
Why are people surprised by Trump ratcheting up the conspiracy stuff, it's similar to the way Hitler increasingly reveal his 'truth' whilst casting himself as the sole means of national salvation; I'm just wondering if Trump will go anti-Semitic before Nov 8th.

Trump has a complicated relationship with the Tribe.  Remember that Ivanka converted to orthodox Judaism, and Ivanka's husband Jared Kushner is reported to be a top advisor to Trump.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

frunk

Lisa and Bart will be by soon to fix everything.  Worst case I'm sure Eliza and Lester will help.

Syt

So, what are the odds in Vegas for some nutjob Trumpcicles going violent if when the election isn't going their way?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: frunk on October 13, 2016, 02:21:01 PM
Lisa and Bart will be by soon to fix everything.  Worst case I'm sure Eliza and Lester will help.

:lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on October 13, 2016, 02:25:01 PM
So, what are the odds in Vegas for some nutjob Trumpcicles going violent if when the election isn't going their way?

Quite high if it ratchets it up another notch or two by November.

Berkut

Quote from: Jacob on October 13, 2016, 01:19:22 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2016, 01:06:24 PMArticle goes on from there.  I think the article has it spot on.  And as a minor-league political hack myself i have to hand it to the Clinton campaign - this really has been a master-stroke against Trump.

Seems like Redstate is buying into the "the media is owned by the Democratic party" line.

THis actually bothers me a lot more than it seems to bother most, and it comes back, once again, to fucking Fox News.

Fox has created this "alternative" news source that is carefully, maliciously, and very competently targetted at the lowest common denominatory of political discourse. They saw how successful Limbaugh was, and brought that to mainstream news.

And they've actually managed to convince their watchers that this is what actual unbiased news would look like - yes, the world really is out to screw white men! It's totally true!

So any news that doesn't fit that mold must clearly be biased. And of course that is pretty much all news other than Fox and its kind.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on October 13, 2016, 02:25:01 PM

Zero.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

By the way, I can't believe Trump's stance on sexual assault claim by People magazine writer was basically to say 'nah, not attractive enough for me, bro.' :wacko:

https://twitter.com/colinjones/status/786626835245174784
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.