2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 14, 2016, 11:42:47 AM
I do not discount the firepower of a fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dumbfuckistan.
It's not over.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ppppolls/status/787030535189258240?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
QuotePublicPolicyPolling
PublicPolicyPolling‏ @ppppolls

One fact from our FL poll that helps explain why it will be so hard for Trump to come back: his favorability with undecideds is literally 0
Oct 15, 2016, 5:41 AM from Raleigh, NC
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Wtf...

"And as my character witness, I'd like to call this confessed child pimp" - Donald J. Trump

Jesus christ.

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/787042426510860288/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

Hmm - I saw Lewandowski on TV claiming she made the whole thing up.  Meanwhile -this guy puts her on the plane next to him.

Friends like these.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

I'm just waiting for Trump to blame the German people, and rail on about how they deserve everything they get.

Martinus

Martinus

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 14, 2016, 04:27:43 PM
PPP poll just came out showing Clinton with a 4-5 point margin over Trump blah blah blah boring...

This, however, was hilarious (and telling):

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_FL_104161.pdf
-Alex Jones floated the notion this week that Hillary Clinton is actually a demon,
and 40% of Trump voters say that they really do think Clinton is a demon to only
42% who dismiss that idea. This measurement pretty clearly shows that 40% of
Trump's base is the InfoWars crowd, so they're not going to be too dissuaded by
allegations of sexual misconduct.

Sorry but if a pollster called me to ask a question like this, I would fucking sure respond "Yes". I suspect most of those who said yes were thinking the same.

Martinus

Quote from: dps on October 14, 2016, 05:59:09 PM
Interesting that 2% of Clinton's supporters think that she's an actual demon.

Well, I started to view Clinton more favourably when Ben Carson accused her of Satan worship. The occult community is highly pro-Clintonian, from what I could see - I suspect some may think her being a demon is actually a positive. :P

That, or people are annoyed with pollsters asking them stupid fucking questions like this.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Wow :o

https://mobile.twitter.com/PollsterPatrick/status/787053843066548225

How about downballot impacts between pre-Thurs and Thurs?

Patrick Murray‏ @PollsterPatrick

@chrislhayes Not entirely. But our Indiana poll out today found Trump +7 before Thus and Clinton +2 after

1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

Quote from: Martinus on October 15, 2016, 03:47:56 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on October 14, 2016, 04:27:43 PM
PPP poll just came out showing Clinton with a 4-5 point margin over Trump blah blah blah boring...

This, however, was hilarious (and telling):

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_FL_104161.pdf
-Alex Jones floated the notion this week that Hillary Clinton is actually a demon,
and 40% of Trump voters say that they really do think Clinton is a demon to only
42% who dismiss that idea. This measurement pretty clearly shows that 40% of
Trump's base is the InfoWars crowd, so they're not going to be too dissuaded by
allegations of sexual misconduct.

Sorry but if a pollster called me to ask a question like this, I would fucking sure respond "Yes". I suspect most of those who said yes were thinking the same.

I'd answer Yes too :lol:

I'm the 2%
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Syt on October 15, 2016, 08:08:24 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/15/us/politics/indian-americans-trump.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

QuoteAmong Donald Trump's Biggest U.S. Fans: Hindu Nationalists

After the election Trump will lead an army of Serbian-Hindu White Nationalists and march on Washington.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/lara-trump-delivers-groceries-in-fayetteville-for-flood-victims/article_63d7a660-0cf1-59bd-bf50-13abee805d52.html

This'll surely swing public opinion. :)

QuoteLara Trump delivers groceries in Fayetteville for flood victims

Instead of delivering a campaign speech Thursday, Lara Trump was delivering groceries.

Trump, daughter-in-law of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, stopped by the Second Harvest Food Bank with other campaign workers to unload a truck full of food, cleaning supplies, toiletries and diapers for needy people in the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew.

"We're so happy to be here to help," Trump said. "We understand that not enough attention is being paid to this area."

Mark Serrano, a spokesman with the Trump campaign, said the donation was part of the candidate's "Trump Women's Tour."

"They have suspended campaigning to spend two days in North Carolina delivering humanitarian relief," Serrano said.

Serrano said Donald Trump donated $29,000 worth of supplies. They were distributed in Fayetteville, Lumberton and Greenville.

Ron Pringle, director of the Second Harvest Food Bank, said the donations were appreciated. He said the bank has distributed more than half a million pounds of food since Hurricane Matthew. Normally, he said, the bank donates between 125,000 and 150,000 pounds of food a week.

"Literally, we've been trying to keep our heads above water," Pringle said. "We have pretty much depleted our stock trying to meet the emergency need."

Volunteer Cecil Brigman was busy packing supplies Thursday. He said the work was non-stop.

"Very busy. A lot of stuff coming in," he said. "Very generous people bringing stuff in."

The Trump entourage arrived about 3:30 p.m. - a truck followed by a Trump-Pence campaign bus.

Lara Trump, wearing a pink "Women for Trump" T-shirt, greeted volunteers and visitors, including Fayetteville Mayor Nat Robertson.

After posing for pictures, Trump helped other campaign workers unload the contents of the truck onto pallets.

Trump, who has campaigned in the area twice in recent months, said news of the devastation caused by Hurricane Matthew affected her personally because she is from Wilmington.

"Obviously, we all saw the destruction the hurricane has caused," she said. "My father-in-law said, you take a break and go down and help them out. We really want to bring whatever relief we can."

Trump dismissed recent news accounts of alleged sexual improprieties that have dogged the campaign in recent days.

"I think it's very disappointing to see major news organizations covering false stories," she said.

But Trump said her goal with the Second Harvest visit was not political but humanitarian.

"We really wanted to bring attention back to the devastation that has occurred here," she said. "Everybody has been friendly. I think people are just happy that somebody is paying attention."

Favorite random comment from a user on one of the Trump pics my sister shared today:
QuoteLiberals are going to Shit their pants when Russia invades and we Conservatives let them wipe you out.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

QuoteThis Doesn't Throw Me': Trump Backers Unfazed by Claims of Bad Behavior

By NICK CORASANITI
OCT. 14, 2016

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Some supporters of Donald J. Trump saw media collusion. Others said accusations had been embellished. And a few said that no matter how Mr. Trump had behaved, he should get a pass because of all he represents.

In a dozen interviews with Mr. Trump's supporters before his rally here Thursday, nearly every one dismissed a series of reports about his misbehavior toward women, questioning the motives of the accusers and the timing of the revelations so close to Election Day.

Judy Weimer, 75, of Port St. Lucie, was one of those crying foul. She said that the disclosures were an effort by the Democratic Party to derail Mr. Trump's candidacy, and that the accusations "don't worry me a bit." She said she also believed that Mr. Trump had acted as all rich men did decades ago.

"Something may have happened," she said of the accusations reported by The New York Times that Mr. Trump had grabbed a woman's breast and put his hand up her skirt while seated next to her on an airplane. "But when I look at it, I see this woman 30 years ago, I see a tall, nice-looking rich man that'll go with, you know, they get the women, you know they do," she said. "The movie stars, the basketball stars, they get them."

"And in a way, he's absolutely right that they can do just about anything they want to with them people," she continued, alluding to a 2005 recording of Mr. Trump boasting about how he had forced himself on women. "I don't think it's right, but they can do it. It's the women. I don't think groping anybody is right. But they do get away with it."

Maureen Owens, 64, of West Palm Beach shared a similar skepticism about the origin of the accusations, particularly the episode on the airplane, which the accuser, Jessica Leeds, said happened in the early 1980s.

"I'm skeptical of all media reports," Ms. Owens said. "Things happened so long ago. He's a 70-year-old man putting us on the right track. I'm totally, 100 percent behind him."

She added: "I worked as a flight attendant for 34 years on flights with professional athletes, politicians, movie stars — I've seen bad behavior all my life. This doesn't throw me."

Dianne DeWolfe, 73, of Palm Beach Gardens said she thought the accusers were "embellishing what might have happened," and she questioned the timing of the revelations.

"It's baloney to come out now," she said. "They're opportunists. Listen, no man attacks a woman unless she's looking like she's asking for it."

Others felt the accusations merely highlighted flaws that they already knew Mr. Trump had, but ones that they had come to accept, given how he could lead the country.

"When you look at Saul back in the Bible, he was able to redeem himself and become the Apostle Paul," said Kathy Reece, 50, who lives in nearby Royal Palm Beach. "God uses people, some of the people in the worst circumstances, to do his work for him.

"A lot of what we're seeing is you have somebody like Trump, and he's a pig, I mean, I know that," she continued. "But he's going to do what's best for the country, and I think through that, he's going to redeem himself and he's going to redeem the country."

Paul Rogers, 48, of Wellington, said the accusers should be believed but supporters were right to question the timing of the revelations, coming little more than three weeks before the election, and how they all landed at seemingly the same time.

"Everyone should believe all woman by default, period," Mr. Rogers said. "That said, every single woman's story comes forward in the same afternoon, after a year and a half of 30 billion of free media?"

There was, however, one Trump supporter who suggested that if "definitive proof" came out, he would be willing to change his mind.

"I'm pretty open-minded, so as long as there's proof of something like that, things happen and minds are changed," said Austin Murray, 19, of West Palm Beach. "But until I see solid proof that that actually happened, then my decision is made."