2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2016, 04:58:29 PM
Funny line.  I wonder how long her focus group spent on it. :)

You don't think Hillary is the type to look at funny cat gifs?

alfred russel

Quote from: Jacob on October 13, 2016, 05:50:52 PM

I don't know, but from what I've read she does like looking at pussies.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on October 13, 2016, 04:49:24 PM
Her full comment, doubling down on the CdM vote:

Quote"The whole world has heard Trump brag about how he mistreats women," Clinton said. "And the disturbing stories just keep coming, but it's more than just the way he degrades women, as horrible as that is. He has attacked immigrants, African Americans, Latinos, people with disabilities, POWs, Muslims, and our military, which he's called a disaster. There's hardly any part of America that he's not targeted."

"Now, it makes you want to turn off the news," Clinton continued. "It makes you want to unplug the internet. Or just look at cat Gifs. I get it... I've watched a lot of cats do a lot of weird and interesting things. But we have a job to do and it'll be good for people and for cats."

Let's just hope Michelle Obama's campaigning cancelled that one out, or the African-American vote just went in the shitter.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on October 13, 2016, 02:39:55 PM
I believe Trump may have entered the "no fucks given" phase of his campaign.

He's gone full bunker.  You never go full bunker.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2016, 01:19:19 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 13, 2016, 01:09:18 PM
Well maybe if our campaigns were about issues instead of TMZ bullshit that would not have worked.

If our campaigns were about issues, Trump would never had made it past the primaries.
I don't know about that.  I think this election showed that a large segment of the Republican party is enthusiastically authoritarian.  There was only one GOP candidate who openly advocated authoritarianism.

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on October 13, 2016, 08:05:45 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2016, 01:19:19 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 13, 2016, 01:09:18 PM
Well maybe if our campaigns were about issues instead of TMZ bullshit that would not have worked.

If our campaigns were about issues, Trump would never had made it past the primaries.
I don't know about that.  I think this election showed that a large segment of the Republican party is enthusiastically authoritarian.  There was only one GOP candidate who openly advocated authoritarianism.

The just don't have a platform that changes as the country's been changing. Instead of figuring out why, they just throw a tantrum.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on October 13, 2016, 05:50:52 PM

I don't think Hillary is the type of politician who says anything without heavily focus group testing it beforehand.

But I was serious - it was a funny line. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

My two oldest sisters are still on the "But Hillary is worse! Benghazi!" train.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on October 14, 2016, 02:28:43 AM
My two oldest sisters are still on the "But Hillary is worse! Benghazi!" train.

Are they citizens?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on October 14, 2016, 02:44:36 AM
Trumprested Development  :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD6AthMaABw

Not quick and quippy enough. Like they started working on the premise and then just gave up and said, heh, this will be funny enough.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Finally filled out my ballot and for the first time, voting straight ticket Dem (well voting for Hil under Women's Equality just so I can say that I did). :cry:

The Republican challenger for Senator just headlined a Trump rally this week. Nothing that Republican challenger for my congressman has said seems better than the record of my current congressman.

jimmy olsen

I've been working all day. You guys probably talked about this already, but Holy Crap, these videos are tailor made for an attack ad!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomgara/heres-trumps-response-to-being-called-a-sexual-predator?utm_term=.ueJ2L4DPLz#.kvv5mWzZmA

In the first video Howard Stern calls Trump a sexual predator & Trump (& Ivanka) laugh and Trump says "It's true."

There's a 2nd video in which Trump refers to women he slept with as his victims.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point