2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I believe Trump may have entered the "no fucks given" phase of his campaign.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

My niece's husband just unironically shared on Facebook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bY_QmA9Vu4&sns=fb
QuoteDonald Trump Shows Kindness To A Little Girl With Bone Disease #Must Watch #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

If your a loyal American and #LOVE America then come out, register to #VOTE and support Donald J Trump for President of the United States! #VOTETRUMP2016 #MakeAmericaGreatAgain | Subscribe To Our Channel, Thank You!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

What's the ETA for an Oscar bait movie being produced about Trump's campaign? Who might play Trump?

Yeah, I'm thinking forward here.  :hmm:

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on October 13, 2016, 02:43:22 PM
What's the ETA for an Oscar bait movie being produced about Trump's campaign? Who might play Trump?

No, you want a movie about his life - I'm thinking along the lines of Barry Lyndon: bullshit artist works himself up from being a lowly millionaire, has bumps on the road, but eventually buys too much into his own bullshit, reaches for the ultimate goal and eventually fails, dying alone and bitter. It's Citizen Kane for the 21st century.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on October 13, 2016, 02:46:23 PM

No, you want a movie about his life - I'm thinking along the lines of Barry Lyndon: bullshit artist works himself up from being a lowly millionaire, has bumps on the road, but eventually buys too much into his own bullshit, reaches for the ultimate goal and eventually fails, dying alone and bitter. It's Citizen Kane for the 21st century.

Citizen Who Killed the USFL
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

GIven Trump's litigiousness I don't think any studio is going to want to touch a straight biopic.

Instead, do it like Primary Colors - have a thinly veiled fictional account of a Trump-like figure running for President.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2016, 03:13:53 PM

GIven Trump's litigiousness I don't think any studio is going to want to touch a straight biopic.

Instead, do it like Primary Colors - have a thinly veiled fictional account of a Trump-like figure running for President.

Or wait til he croaks.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

QuoteNew accusation: Donald Trump allegedly looked up models' skirts

Another woman has joined the chorus of people alleging that Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has engaged in inappropriate sexual behavior towards women, after wave of claims about Trump's alleged sexual transgressions emerged late last night.

According to a report from the Huffington Post, Lisa Boyne, Trump "paraded women in front of their table, looked under women's skirts, and commented on whether they were wearing underwear" during a dinner in the mid-1990s:

According to Boyne, the group was seated at a semi-circular table, with the women in the middle and Trump and Casablancas flanking either end. The women couldn't get out of their seats without one of the men getting up - which they refused to do. Instead, Boyne said, Trump insisted that the women walk across the table, allowing him to peer up their skirts while they did so. Trump 'stuck his head right underneath their skirts,' Boyne said, and commented on whether they were wearing underwear and what their genitalia looked like.

"It was the most offensive scene I've ever been a part of," Boyne said. "I wanted to get the heck out of there."

The Trump campaign denied the allegations in a statement to the Huffington Post, as it has denied all the allegations that have surfaced over the past 24 hours.

"Mr. Trump never heard of this woman and would never do that," spokesperson Hope Hicks said.

Elsewhere:

QuoteIn other news relating to inappropriate sexual conduct by Republican politicians, a married Louisiana lawmaker has released a bizarre video in which he obliquely apologizes for sending explicit text messages to an underage teenage boy.

Mike Yenni, the president of Jefferson Parish, Louisiana - the state is organized by parishes, rather than counties - admitted to sending "improper texts" to a 17-year-old boy, promising voters that he was "smart enough to never repeat the past."

"Last summer, I was old enough to know better, but I guess I was still young enough to do something stupid," the 40-year-old politician said. "I chose to send improper texts to a young man. I made a bad decision. I regret my actions."

"I apologize to the families involved and anyone I embarrassed, especially my own family," Yenni continued.

QuoteHillary Clinton, on Donald Trump's comments today:
It makes you want to unplug the internet or just look at cat gifs.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on October 13, 2016, 03:52:25 PM

She knows about the Cyber! :showoff:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2016, 04:47:36 PM

Her full comment, doubling down on the CdM vote:

Quote"The whole world has heard Trump brag about how he mistreats women," Clinton said. "And the disturbing stories just keep coming, but it's more than just the way he degrades women, as horrible as that is. He has attacked immigrants, African Americans, Latinos, people with disabilities, POWs, Muslims, and our military, which he's called a disaster. There's hardly any part of America that he's not targeted."

"Now, it makes you want to turn off the news," Clinton continued. "It makes you want to unplug the internet. Or just look at cat Gifs. I get it... I've watched a lot of cats do a lot of weird and interesting things. But we have a job to do and it'll be good for people and for cats."
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on October 13, 2016, 04:49:24 PM

Quote"The whole world has heard Trump brag about how he mistreats women," Clinton said. "And the disturbing stories just keep coming, but it's more than just the way he degrades women, as horrible as that is. He has attacked immigrants, African Americans, Latinos, people with disabilities, POWs, Muslims, and our military, which he's called a disaster. There's hardly any part of America that he's not targeted."

"Now, it makes you want to turn off the news," Clinton continued. "It makes you want to unplug the internet. Or just look at cat Gifs. I get it... I've watched a lot of cats do a lot of weird and interesting things. But we have a job to do and it'll be good for people and for cats."

Funny line.  I wonder how long her focus group spent on it. :)

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2016, 04:58:29 PM
Quote from: Syt on October 13, 2016, 04:49:24 PM

Funny line.  I wonder how long her focus group spent on it. :)

Presumably she employs speech writers like everyone else does. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2016, 04:59:43 PM

Say what you will about Donalt Trump - but even when he employs speech writers he doesn't actually use them.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2016, 05:01:03 PM

Say what you will about Donalt Trump - but even when he employs speech writers he doesn't actually use them.

And look at those speeches. :yuk:

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2016, 05:01:03 PM

Maybe he does.  Maybe the teleprompter has three lines and then says "begin to ramble incoherently.  Insult a baby if possible".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017