Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 22, 2016, 06:35:06 AM
:wacko:

Meh, sounds like a lot of Languishites

THEY CAN VOTE NOW
WTF WITH ALL THE CRYING

Valmy

I have heard that everything was great until Obama invented racism before. Really weird. What exactly he did to foster race war I have no idea.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 22, 2016, 12:21:55 PM
What exactly he did to foster race war I have no idea.

He didn't know his place.  You know that.  That's how shit works here.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 22, 2016, 12:25:11 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 22, 2016, 12:21:55 PM
What exactly he did to foster race war I have no idea.

He didn't know his place.  You know that.  That's how shit works here.

Yeah the real issue is that Ms. Daisy are finally being forced to pay attention to such issue. Then all of a sudden its a series of new problems.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 22, 2016, 01:14:40 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on September 22, 2016, 05:42:59 AM
where Trump is now the policy candidate

:lol:

It is really sad how weak troll game has gotten during the course of this campaign.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 22, 2016, 07:50:34 AM
Kathy Miller sounds delightful.  :lol:

And now she's fired. :(

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/297234-trump-county-official-resigns-after-racism-comments

QuoteTrump official resigns after racism comments

A county chairwoman of Donald Trump's campaign in Ohio resigned on Thursday following comments suggesting President Obama is to blame for racism.

Trump's Ohio state director, Bob Paduchik, said in a statement that county chairmen are "volunteers" and "not spokespeople for the campaign."

He said he accepted the resignation of Kathy Miller, who has been organizing Trump's campaign in Mahoning County, following her "inappropriate comments."

Miller also released a statement apologizing for her "inappropriate" comments and reiterating that she was not speaking on behalf of the campaign.

Miller's remarks to The Guardian quickly gained national attention Thursday, coming as the GOP presidential nominee has in recent weeks tried to court African-American voters.

garbon

I like that Trump is supposedly courting African Americans while also calling for police to use stop and frisk measures. :hmm:

Also. :lol:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/297177-trump-to-lester-holt-dont-fact-check-debates

QuoteTrump tells Lester Holt: Don't fact-check debates

Donald Trump says NBC's Lester Holt should not correct his or Hillary Clinton's facts while moderating the first presidential debate.

"I think he has to be a moderator," the Republican nominee said on "Fox & Friends" Thursday.

"I mean, if you're debating somebody and if she makes a mistake or I make a mistake ... we'll take each other on," he added. "But I certainly don't think you want Candy Crowley again."
Crowley interjected during an October 2012 debate between President Obama and Mitt Romney after Romney said it took Obama two weeks to refer to the Benghazi, Libya, attacks as terrorism.

"He did call it an act of terror," Crowley told Romney, though she added that he was "correct" that it took that long for the White House to acknowledge the attack was not related to an anti-Islamic video.

Trump on Thursday ripped Crowley's handling of the incident, urging Holt not to follow suit.

"She turned out to be wrong," he said. "I really don't think you want that. That was a very pivotal moment in that debate. And it really threw the debate off and it was unfair. No, I think you have to have somebody that's just — let them argue it out."

Holt will moderate the debate between Trump and Clinton, the Democratic nominee, Monday at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y.

Berkut

Smart move by Trump. Reducing the total fact checkers, regardless of who they are, can only help him.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

I agree with Donald on this one.  That's not what the moderator is there for.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 22, 2016, 03:04:11 PM

Yeah they could have a group of fact checkers after the debate critiquing the candidates but that particular instance it kind of seemed like that was a line for Obama to use.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

I don't know. When say a candidate can't get through a sentence without lying - his opponent is going to seem shrill if she has to point out all of them by herself.

Berkut

Except that he could not care less what the moderator is there for - he just doesn't want anyone calling out his lies.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Berkut on September 22, 2016, 03:17:30 PM
Except that he could not care less what the moderator is there for - he just doesn't want anyone calling out his lies.

There are other criteria for deciding a moderator's role other than Donald's preferences.

Barrister

I agree with Yi - the opposing candidate can fact check and all the pundits can fact check, but I don't think it's the role of a moderator.  It would mean the moderator is "entering the fray".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.