News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

No, the data pretty clearly shows that you are deluding yourself, and you even know it, since you've seen that data that categorically refutes your claim.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 12, 2016, 12:00:37 PM
I'm just saying I think you guys are deluding yourselves into thinking Hillary is less horrible than she really is. 

I guess it depends on your definition of the word 'horrible'. To almost quote her husband  :P

I mean what is she going to do? Nuke Russia? I figure she will do exactly what I would think a Clinton type person would do. To me that is fine.

But in any case I am 99.99% sure she is less horrible than Sanders and Trump.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

She pees sitting down.  That's her horribleness.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on September 12, 2016, 11:25:12 AM
Anyway, can we all agree now that concerns re: Hillary's health are no longer a right wing conspiracy?

Yes, her having pneumonia justifies claims that she had a stroke.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on September 12, 2016, 12:00:37 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2016, 11:46:46 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 12, 2016, 11:23:38 AM
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Was 'I'm rubber and you are glue' taken already?

I'm just saying I think you guys are deluding yourselves into thinking Hillary is less horrible than she really is.

Which of the horrible things are we missing?  That she killed Ron Brown and Vince Foster?  That she purposefully planned to murder Ambassador Stevens?  She founded ISIS?  Help us out.  Give us something to sink our teeth into.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on September 12, 2016, 11:25:09 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 12, 2016, 10:44:16 AM
Even among politicians she stands out as a liar.

Or course, that's what all the liars said.

Heh, this whole election reminds me of the Epimenides paradox.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Minsky Moment

HC's problem has never really been honesty, it's sincerity.
That and the related problem of a sense of self-importance.
I don't think its a huge shock her personality rubs a lot of people the wrong way and that is hurting her as a candidate.

Then again George W also came across a decent blokish sort of guy, Jimmy Carter had plenty of sincerity.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 12, 2016, 01:11:26 PM
I don't think its a huge shock her personality rubs a lot of people the wrong way and that is hurting her as a candidate.

Then again George W also came across a decent blokish sort of guy, Jimmy Carter had plenty of sincerity.

People say she gives of a Nixonian vibe which, I suppose, is fair enough. I would probably vote for Nixon in this election as well though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2016, 01:36:50 PM

People say she gives of a Nixonian vibe which, I suppose, is fair enough. I would probably vote for Nixon in this election as well though.

Let's see Nixon:

-created the EPA
-banned gender bias at college with Title IX
-oversaw desegregation
-introduced wage and prrice controls
-withdrew US troops from Vietnam
-recognized communist China

Yeah, you would support Nixon, you commie. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

I didn't know that desegregation was a commie position. :P

Razgovory

I think her real problem is the "Clinton Myth".  People have developed this weird idea of who she is, that has very little to do with reality. I remember reading that Republicans were surprised by how affable she was in in the Senate.

Eddie Teach

It's too bad Trump has such astonishing health; I don't see Pence starting World War 3.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on September 12, 2016, 02:09:45 PM
I didn't know that desegregation was a commie position. :P

And wanting to end gender bias :P

But, for all his warts, Nixon was a very competent President. Sure he was a paranoid asshole, but competence is hard to find.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 12, 2016, 03:14:43 PM
It's too bad Trump has such astonishing health; I don't see Pence starting World War 3.

He'd be too busy making everybody have  miscarriage funerals.