News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Nope. Romney's statement implicitly hinged on the great bogey man of Republicans - welfare queens.

Also what was so private about Obama's statement?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Quote from: derspiess on September 12, 2016, 11:25:01 PMMilo is living in her head, rent free :lol:

It's probably more like her millenial social media staffers feeding her their butthurt over being rousted about by the forces of Kek on twatter, etc.

Legbiter

Guys, it was the Russians!

QuoteBennet Omalu, the forensic pathologist who has made the NFL so uncomfortable with his discovery of chronic traumatic encephalopathy in the brains of deceased players, suggests that Hillary Clinton's campaign be checked for possible poisons after her collapse Sunday in New York.

....But this is Omalu, whose credentials and tenacity are well known. He wasn't giving up on Twitter, adding that his reasoning is that he does not trust Russian President Vladimir Putin or Donald Trump, the Republican presidential nominee who has expressed admiration for Putin.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2016/09/12/the-man-who-discovered-cte-thinks-hillary-clinton-may-have-been-poisoned/QnJcVOEuxHX0hkcu3yuqKK/story.html?s_campaign=bostonglobe%3Asocialflow%3Atwitter

Martinus

I love the height of intellectual debate going on on my Facebook:

or

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

In the Ohio Senate race, it looks like Portman will see off Ted "incompetent" Strickland. If the polls stay like they are.

Portman's campaign has sent me 3 "I LOVE GUNS" flyers. That's enough.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on September 12, 2016, 08:29:38 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on September 12, 2016, 09:56:49 AM
loving the comments by legbiter and marti  :lol:
I'm not.  There once was a time when at least clever trolling was amusing, not that their trolling rises to that level.  But the western world has trolled itself to the brink of disaster, so let's knock this shit off already before we all become like Russia.  If you're trolling, you're neither clever nor original, no matter how you do it.

I don't think the future of the western world is being effectively undermined by marti's and legbiter's trolling.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Berkut

Yeah, they are just a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself.

It does say a lot about them personally though, none of it at all attractive.

They have chosen to take up the cause of racism, bigotry, misogyny, and ignorance as their cause for cheerleading. It certainly says something about them.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

alfred russel

So my personal experience of everyone hating trump is breaking down. In my family, it is probably split 50-50 between republicans and democrats, but the republican members all hate trump. But I had a conversation with one of the republican family members who was telling me he was so disgusted with hillary that at this point he was considering voting for trump. Supposedly what is putting him over the edge is the "deplorable" comment, which I don't understand at all since a) it seemed to be based in fact, and b) since he wasn't a trump supporter why would that offend him?

I'm thinking it is just that in the game of team republican vs. team democrat, he can't stomach seeing team democrat win.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Martinus

A case in point for "Clintons don't lie" people:

Quote"It's almost certain she's in better health than her opponent," Bill Clinton said. "But we don't know, because he hasn't disclosed."

It's not that they lie, it's that they do it so brazenly.

Valmy

I don't see what is brazen about making a vague equivocating statement about what is 'almost certain'. Classic Bill Clinton there. I also wonder where this strawman about 'Clinton's Don't Lie' came from.

Anyway as Berkut showed hardly anybody lies more than Trump. Or at least says blatantly false things out of ignorance.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on September 13, 2016, 09:57:35 AM
A case in point for "Clintons don't lie" people:

Quote"It's almost certain she's in better health than her opponent," Bill Clinton said. "But we don't know, because he hasn't disclosed."

It's not that they lie, it's that they do it so brazenly.

Trump wasn't healthy enough during the Vietnam war.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Phillip V

Kaine should replace Clinton at the top of the ticket.