News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 11, 2016, 06:27:11 PM
Trump seems to be in much better health.  Hillary seems to be a mess healthwise.  I actually felt bad for her when I watched that video.  Damnit.

Campaigning can be grueling at any age, but there's only one candidate doing it.  Trump doesn't really campaign. :lol: He rarely does any stops on the weekends, and he flies back to New York and sleeps in his own bed every night.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 11, 2016, 01:40:35 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 10, 2016, 11:29:16 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2016, 09:27:44 AMThere's no There there.

Don't you find it odd that during the four years she was in office, she used 13 different mobile devices (not counting 5 iPads), some of them in parallel, to read work emails?

Seriously?
In 4 years, I've used 3 mobile phones, 3 ipads, and 2 surface tablets.  Plus a fire tablet (but that was never set up for work).  At any time 2-3 in parallel set up for work stuff.

Yes, as you say you used 3 mobile phones. She used 13.

Eddie Teach

He also probably did 90% of his work in the same city.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: HVC on September 11, 2016, 11:48:55 PM
Trunp bragging that his tower is now the tallest after 9/11

http://www.mediaite.com/online/listen-to-donald-trump-note-his-building-is-now-the-tallest-hours-after-twin-towers-fell/

That's kinda bullshit...at least calling it a "brag".  It is more like the linked article says, that he "notes" it...and said notation, in the context of the conversation, was quite benign.  The rest of the text of that article, as written, is a plainly hyperbolic, and lame attempt at a hit-piece to bash Trump in regards to 9/11.

HVC

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 12, 2016, 02:44:58 AM

http://www.mediaite.com/online/listen-to-donald-trump-note-his-building-is-now-the-tallest-hours-after-twin-towers-fell/

That's kinda bullshit...at least calling it a "brag".  It is more like the linked article says, that he "notes" it...and said notation, in the context of the conversation, was quite benign.  The rest of the text of that article, as written, is a plainly hyperbolic, and lame attempt at a hit-piece to bash Trump in regards to 9/11.
youre being too level headed. Clearly this election isn't for you :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Brag might be a bit strong but I think there is something negative to be said about that being his response. 1) It wasn't even an answer to the question, 2) It seems incredibly insensitive, however I'll give a push on that one as it was an emotional day.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Who cares? The Clinton dynasty has clearly lost the Mandate of Heaven.

Hillary Clinton has gained trait: Incapable.

Tonitrus

Quote from: garbon on September 12, 2016, 03:21:49 AM

Brag might be a bit strong but I think there is something negative to be said about that being his response. 1) It wasn't even an answer to the question, 2) It seems incredibly insensitive, however I'll give a push on that one as it was an emotional day.

He does ramble quite a bit, especially lots of the "hey, did you know"'s.  Many of them, as have been shown at this campaign rallies, are inane and obnoxious...but not "ghoulish" and "eerie" as that article tries to paint things.

Martinus

Yeah. "Trump rambles as he fails to answer the question" is not as much of news, though.

Martinus

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 12, 2016, 03:31:33 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 12, 2016, 03:21:49 AM

He does ramble quite a bit, especially lots of the "hey, did you know"'s.  Many of them, as have been shown at this campaign rallies, are inane and obnoxious...but not "ghoulish" and "eerie" as that article tries to paint things.

I don't know. Just because he has a habit of self-aggrandisement and an inability to stay focused on a topic, that doesn't mean we should get out some special ruler with which to assess his statements. I think the comments were inappropriate but as I mentioned, I'm willing to give everyone a push on statements at that time as it was a highly emotional time. No one was nicely polished.

Also, it wasn't a very significant statement, one that was made 15 years ago, so yeah I'd rather we not spend time trying to attack him on that. He has said enough truly reprehensible things this year.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Quote from: HVC on September 11, 2016, 05:11:15 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on September 11, 2016, 11:14:12 AM
Video of Clinton being supported into a black van.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtQVIcxq82E

Just awful. It's over.

i shouldn't laugh, but it reminded me of weekend at Bernie's. I'm a bad person

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

derspiess

When I first saw the video yesterday I thought it was a hoax.  Did not help that I first saw it in an infowars article posted by a very pro-Trump FB friend.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall