Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 06, 2016, 09:35:21 PM
Thank you for my epileptic nightcap.  :lol:

I just wish I could have included the applicable music somehow, like in the old ytmnd's.  :(

http://secretnazicalculatortrick.ytmnd.com/

Ed Anger

Nightmare fuel. And I just took a painkiller, so I'll be dreaming about Hitler all night.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 06, 2016, 09:44:02 PM

Nightmare fuel. And I just took a painkiller, so I'll be dreaming about Hitler all night.
so... a normal night then? :unsure:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Nevermind - HVC had the better line.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on September 06, 2016, 09:44:48 PM

so... a normal night then? :unsure:

I think I told the story about my Eva Braun flu dream. IT WAS HOT.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 06, 2016, 09:27:21 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 06, 2016, 04:50:45 PM
Do you foreign types ever get a chance to watch the campaign commercials?

Newest Clinton PAC "Trump is Batshit Cray-Cray" commercial from Priority USA

http://youtu.be/6-FUfMRgbWU

Also extremely disingenuous and dishonest in the use of the soundbites on the nuclear issue.  (e.g, the "I think — I think, for me, nuclear is just the power, the devastation is very important to me." quote was clearly stressing its importance as an issue, not a "nukes are cool" line as the ad implies).

Trump has said plenty of things that make him a no-go candidate, but the attacks he has gotten on the nuclear weapons issue are mostly unfair (aside from his flubbing of the nuclear triad question (which was pretty much just ignorance/impatience with the question).

I disagree

http://mediamatters.org/video/2016/08/03/msnbcs-joe-scarborough-trump-asked-three-times-hour-briefing-why-cant-we-use-nuclear-weapons/212129

QuoteJOE SCARBOROUGH (CO-HOST): What concerns you most about Donald Trump?

GEN. MICHAEL HAYDEN: How erratic he is, Joe. I can argue about this position or that position. I do that with the current president. But he's inconsistent, and when you're the head of a global superpower, inconsistency, unpredictability, those are dangerous things. They frighten your friends and they tempt your enemies. And so I would be very, very concerned.

HAROLD FORD JR.: General Hayden, Harold Ford, very, very quickly. Who amongst your peers that you respect greatly, whether they think like you or not think like you, that you know that's advising Mr. Trump?

HAYDEN: No one.

MIKE BARNICLE: That's a good answer.

SCARBOROUGH: I have to follow up with that, I'll be careful here. Several months ago, a foreign policy expert on the international level went to advise Donald Trump, and three times he asked about the use of nuclear weapons. Three times he asked, at one point, "If we have them, why can't we use them?"

BARNICLE: Wow.

SCARBOROUGH: That's one of the reasons why he has -- he just doesn't have foreign policy experts around him.

BARNICLE: Trump? Trump asked three times whether we can use nuclear weapons?

SCARBOROUGH: Three times in an hour briefing, "Why can't we use nuclear weapons?"
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Your counterpoint is to quote unattributed hearsay evidence?  Hell, that probably even double hearsay.

Berkut

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 06, 2016, 10:01:12 PM
Your counterpoint is to quote hearsay evidence?

It isn't enough to get Trump convicted in court, but it is certainly enough to raise serious doubts about his fitness as President. It's not like if there is only a 50-50 chance he might want to nuke some other country that is ok.

Raising questions about Trumps ability to be the guys who decides how to use civilization ending weapons is rather astoundingly fair.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tonitrus

Isn't the point of having a nuclear deterrent mean that one should not say that one will never use them?  That is pretty much what Trump's position has been.

Berkut

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 06, 2016, 10:08:12 PM
Isn't the point of having a nuclear deterrent mean that one should not say that one will never use them?  That is pretty much what Trump's position has been.

Uh huh. Sure. Him asking why he can't use his nukes is exactly in line with the last 70 years of US nuclear policy. Of course.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 06, 2016, 10:08:12 PM

He has a secret plan to end the war with ISIS really fast, I suspect it's a plan that will end Raqqa really fast.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 06, 2016, 10:01:12 PM
Your counterpoint is to quote unattributed hearsay evidence?  Hell, that probably even double hearsay.

Joe Scarborough may be a talking head, but considering the pundit class he deals with, he's not one to traffic in bullshit--and as a '94 Republican, still has enough guts to speak up for the GOP As It Once Was.

Martinus

Nuking the hell out of ISIS (and Mecca, while we are at it) would be the best thing ever.

garbon

You seem to lack a sense of what the word 'best' is used to connote.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.