News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

QuoteTrump said he "didn't learn anything" from the briefers that would change his views on how to defeat the Islamic State. He said earlier this week that he would task senior military officials with giving him a plan to deal with the militants within 30 days after he takes office.

Cool.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

garbon

Of course, he then said something differently when pressed by Lauer.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/294932-5-takeaways-from-trump-and-clintons-military-forum

QuoteLauer said, "Yesterday you actually told us a little about your plan. In you speech you said, 'We're going to convene my top generals and they will have 30 days to submit a plan for soundly and quickly defeating ISIS.' So, is the plan you've been hiding this whole time asking someone else for their plan?"

"No," Trump replied. "But when I do come up with a plan that I like and that perhaps agrees with mine or maybe doesn't. I may love what the generals come back with."

"But you have your own plan?" Lauer asked.

Trump replied, "I have a plan. But I don't want — look — I have a very substantial chance of winning ... if I win, I don't want to broadcast to the enemy exactly what my plan is."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on September 08, 2016, 02:39:22 AM

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/294932-5-takeaways-from-trump-and-clintons-military-forum

QuoteLauer said, "Yesterday you actually told us a little about your plan. In you speech you said, 'We're going to convene my top generals and they will have 30 days to submit a plan for soundly and quickly defeating ISIS.' So, is the plan you've been hiding this whole time asking someone else for their plan?"

"No," Trump replied. "But when I do come up with a plan that I like and that perhaps agrees with mine or maybe doesn't. I may love what the generals come back with."

Trump replied, "I have a plan. But I don't want — look — I have a very substantial chance of winning ... if I win, I don't want to broadcast to the enemy exactly what my plan is."

That manages to be both sad and tremendously hilarious. 

CountDeMoney

Meanwhile, in the "I'm not A Republican I'm a Libertarian because that sounds better so let's just smoke dope" hideout--

Quote Gary Johnson: 'What Is Aleppo?'
NBCNews.com

Gary Johnson, the Libertarian presidential candidate, does not know what Aleppo is.

Asked on Wednesday's "Morning Joe" what he would do if elected president about the city in Syria at the center of the refugee crisis, Johnson earnestly asked what Aleppo is even.

"And what is Aleppo?" Johnson said.

"You're kidding me," Mike Barnicle responded, who asked the question. Barnicle then began to explain what Aleppo is to the candidate.

"OK, got it, got it," Johnson cut him off, and then added, "With regard to Syria I do think it's a mess. I think that the only way that we deal with Syria is to join hands with Russia to diplomatically bring that at an end."

"It's just a mess," he said.

Yes.

garbon

Aww, Reince.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/294928-rnc-chairman-tells-clinton-to-smile-more

QuoteRNC chairman on Clinton's town hall: 'no smile and uncomfortable'

Twitter erupted when the Republican National Committee chairman implied that Hillary Clinton should smile more after her appearance on NBC News for a presidential forum on Wednesday night.

"Hillary Clinton was angry + defensive the entire time - no smile and uncomfortable - upset that she was caught wrongly sending our secrets," Reince Priebus tweeted after the event.

Quote from: Reince@HillaryClinton was angry + defensive the entire time - no smile and uncomfortable - upset that she was caught wrongly sending our secrets.

Tweets:

Quote@Reince Smile sweetie.
QuoteTrump attacked US generals and praised Putin and thats ok but Hillary didn't smile enough. Got it.
QuoteNational moratorium on telling female politicians to smile more, okay? thx
QuoteAlso, did Trump smile? Is a smile an appropriate response to Qs about the VA and war? Chrissake.
QuoteWhen the best you've got on your opponent is "smile more," that's how you know you've lost tonight's forum.

lustindarkness

"In almost every instance"? From two briefings? What? :lol:

And "But when I do come up with a plan " followed by "I have a plan"? He should at least wait a couple of minutes between flip flops, what a noob.

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

FunkMonk

Between the hopefully entertaining debates and the inevitable Russian hacking of election systems on election day, this election still promises to deliver so, so much hilarity.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

So much hilarity. So much. So much you wouldn't believe how much there is. You'll be begging it to stop, there will so much.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

BREAKING: NASCAR legend Richard Petty has endorsed Trump :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonkYou'll be begging it to stop, there will so much.

I have been begging for it to stop since summer 2015 :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 08, 2016, 07:19:52 AM
Meanwhile, in the "I'm not A Republican I'm a Libertarian because that sounds better so let's just smoke dope" hideout--

The dude climbed everest and finished an iron man in under 11 hours. He does a lot more than just smoke dope.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon on September 08, 2016, 02:39:22 AM

He'll the end the war in Vietnam
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: alfred russel on September 08, 2016, 09:10:23 AM
The dude climbed everest and finished an iron man in under 11 hours. He does a lot more than just smoke dope.

He also exploits sherpas?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

lustindarkness

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 08, 2016, 09:12:42 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on September 08, 2016, 09:10:23 AM

He also exploits sherpas?

He creates jobs for them.  :rolleyes:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom