Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 06, 2016, 06:47:05 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 06, 2016, 06:23:36 AM
Quote from: The Larch on May 06, 2016, 05:38:00 AM
Apparently Trump has come out in support of Brexit.

I guess he wanted to balance out Obama?

Eh, seems like exactly the policy he'd have if he were British.

I don't know. I don't spend anytime listening to his 'policies'.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Quote from: frunk on May 05, 2016, 08:22:51 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on May 05, 2016, 06:33:48 PM

380.000 likes on his facebook after 4 hours. Madness! Plus you know his haters are going to run with it and act like unpaid marketing interns. ^_^

If you look carefully in the lower right of the picture there's a bikini shot of Marla Maples (Trump's ex-wife).

Sharp-eyed hero notices Trump is eating taco bowl on top of his ex-wife

Apparently it's from a recent People magazine article about Trump.

Only heavenly blessed beauties for the Don. :thumbsup:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

FunkMonk

Trump planning a "Taco bowls for all" campaign to capture the coveted casual Mexican food demographic.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Monoriu

Quote from: Legbiter on May 06, 2016, 08:35:50 AM
Mitt Romney to bend the knee.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2016/05/scott_brown_mitt_romney_thinks_trump_will_beat_clinton

There is a difference between "I think so and so will win" and "I hope so and so will win."  It is entirely possible to think that Trump will win but hope that he loses. 

garbon

I'm confused. Why do we care what Scott Brown thinks? /why is Brown spreading gossip?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on May 06, 2016, 09:09:24 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on May 06, 2016, 08:35:50 AM
Mitt Romney to bend the knee.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2016/05/scott_brown_mitt_romney_thinks_trump_will_beat_clinton

There is a difference between "I think so and so will win" and "I hope so and so will win."  It is entirely possible to think that Trump will win but hope that he loses.

Sure, but saying "I think Trump will win" when Trump is behind in the polls suggests he's starting to rally around the party line. Politicians are always optimistic about their party's chances in the elections, at least when speaking in front of a camera.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 06, 2016, 08:01:34 AM
Trump planning a "Taco bowls for all" campaign to capture the coveted casual Mexican food demographic.

"Our party is a tortilla of inclusion."

Martinus

Apparently GOP challenger of Paul Ryan is running against Ryan by milking Ryan's refusal to back Trump. I wonder how many GOP establishment stooges are going to see a similar revolt?

Eddie Teach

You realize when you use the expression "establishment stooge" based on hesitancy to back Trump, you sound almost as retarded as when you use "kind and sensitive person"?

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on May 06, 2016, 09:48:46 AM
Apparently GOP challenger of Paul Ryan is running against Ryan by milking Ryan's refusal to back Trump. I wonder how many GOP establishment stooges are going to see a similar revolt?

A stooge is someone who works for or assists others.

Paul Ryan is Speaker of the House.  He's 2nd in line for the presidency.  He is the god damn establishment, for good or bad.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on May 06, 2016, 10:04:49 AM
Paul Ryan is Speaker of the House.  He's 2nd in line for the presidency.  He is the god damn establishment, for good or bad.

I think in the mind of Trump supporters, the Establishment is some secret conspiracy like SPECTRE or the Illuminati.

alfred russel

The only major difference I can discern between between being a "GOP establishment stooge" and Trump is winning a general election. I don't think you need to worry about Trump becoming a GOP establishment stooge. :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Phillip V

Trump should endorse Paul Ryan's primary challenger as retribution and a continued warning to party "leaders" who dare oppose him.  The vote is August 9.

Valmy

The center is crumbling. Even if Hillary manages to win this thing I hope centrists from both parties can form a new party or something. The Bernie and Trump momentum is pretty big even if they lose.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."