And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/video/bernie-sanders-meet-rev-al-112439054.html

QuoteBernie Sanders to meet with Rev. Al Sharpton in New York

Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders plans to meet with the Rev. Al Sharpton over breakfast in New York City.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Christie sounds like he's out, save for official announcement.  Hopefully he'll give up on his presidential ambitions for good and go back to being a New Jersey Republican for the remainder of his term.

Kleves

I still have a tough time understanding how anyone, be there ever so stupid, could vote for Trump. It's not just that his ideas are terrible (though they are). It's that he seems largely to have no ideas. The main plank of his platform seems to be "it'll be great, trust me."
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Legbiter

God-Emperor Trump will extirpate the Hillary Heresy.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

DGuller

Quote from: Kleves on February 10, 2016, 10:22:52 AM
I still have a tough time understanding how anyone, be there ever so stupid, could vote for Trump. It's not just that his ideas are terrible (though they are). It's that he seems largely to have no ideas. The main plank of his platform seems to be "it'll be great, trust me."
People are just being contrarian.  Contrary to popular belief, acting on contrarian attitude is generally a big mistake.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on February 10, 2016, 08:41:38 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on February 10, 2016, 08:39:36 AM
Between Trump and Clinton and Sanders, ugh.

Can't we just elect Obama to a third term? Please, Constitution? Please?   :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah Obama has been great... :hmm:

Well, when Clinton is elected we'll actually get to see if your theory that Obama can't bills passed is caused by his own deficiencies is true or not.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on February 10, 2016, 10:40:20 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 10, 2016, 08:41:38 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on February 10, 2016, 08:39:36 AM
Between Trump and Clinton and Sanders, ugh.

Can't we just elect Obama to a third term? Please, Constitution? Please?   :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah Obama has been great... :hmm:

Well, when Clinton is elected we'll actually get to see if your theory that Obama can't bills passed is caused by his own deficiencies is true or not.

I may be the first to ever raise this point, but I think it is important to dispel with this fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he is doing. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Martinus

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on February 10, 2016, 10:39:32 AM
Quote from: Kleves on February 10, 2016, 10:22:52 AM
People are just being contrarian.  Contrary to popular belief, acting on contrarian attitude is generally a big mistake.

Isn't it funny, though, how, while both demographics seem to have a thing for populists, if you compare Bernie to Trump it becomes clear that Republicans are actually much dumber?

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on February 10, 2016, 10:39:32 AM

Bullshit.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on February 10, 2016, 11:06:14 AM
I may be the first to ever raise this point, but I think it is important to dispel with this fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he is doing. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Mind: blown.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Phillip V

With Christie likely to not be at the next Republican debate this Saturday, who else will make Rubio sweat? :(

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

lustindarkness

Quote from: Phillip V on February 10, 2016, 11:31:19 AM
With Christie likely to not be at the next Republican debate this Saturday, who else will make Rubio sweat? :(

They'll crank up the heat.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom