News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

alfred russel

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 10, 2016, 05:54:05 PM
Quote from: Jacob on February 10, 2016, 04:38:48 PM
Quote from: DGuller on February 10, 2016, 04:28:48 PM
Great, now I have to get that image out of my head.  :mad:

Just wait until Rubio and Carson drop out...

HOTT

I imagine it will start with Carson being the passive party and, as always, acting awkwardly. I imagine that during the act he will be rather disinterested, but then look up with an interest in Rubio's head. He will start fondling Rubio's head before cutting into it to see if he can fix the glitch causing Rubio to repeat himself over and over.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

alfred russel

I'm really heartened that Jim Gilmore is still going. He isn't a quitter like Chrissy or Carly. He is building momentum. He got 125 votes in New Hampshire, which from a base of 12 in Iowa shows he is getting noticed.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

celedhring

Just came across 538's endorsement tracker. Some fun/interesting results:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-endorsement-primary/

1) I was expecting the Dem endorsement race to be lopsided, but not so ridiculously lopsided.
2) Trump doesn't have a single one. Heh.
3) The Republican party is all over the place, but Rubio had been enjoying a surge up until now.

jimmy olsen

It's true! :o

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/9/charles-hurt-trump-built-a-juggernaut-and-had-the-/

QuoteWhy does the mainstream media heap such scorn and disbelief on Donald Trump over his promise to build a great wall along the border with Mexico — and make Mexico pay for it? After all, Donald Trump has built a winning presidential campaign — and made the media pay for it.

1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Do endorsements actually matter in this election?  If the voters are revolting against an establishment, then lack of support from the establishment isn't exactly a deal breaker.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on February 10, 2016, 06:56:06 PM
Do endorsements actually matter in this election?  If the voters are revolting against an establishment, then lack of support from the establishment isn't exactly a deal breaker.

They kind of count for the Dems because most of them are superdelegates, but in the end they'll defect to Bernie if he wins most of the primaries. If it's more even though, they could matter.

1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

I find them interesting for what they tell us about both parties' establishments. The Republican party has no clue for instance, and what was becoming their favorite horse has just came in fifth.

DGuller

Quote from: celedhring on February 10, 2016, 07:04:05 PM

I find them interesting for what they tell us about both parties' establishments. The Republican party has no clue for instance, and what was becoming their favorite horse has just came in fifth.
Democrats are in a better position, but still with plenty of risks.  By making it so obvious that Hillary is the candidate they want, the party risks alienating people attracted to Bernie.  Everything the party does that puts Bernie on the wrong end of it will be assumed to be another nefarious plot from the establishment.

jimmy olsen

Christie dropping out probably benifits Kaisch the most, since they were both competing for moderate votes. Unfortunately for him, that slice of the electorate is smaller in most of the states that are coming up in the next couple of weeks, which is good news for Bush and Rubio who are fighting for the establisment conservatives.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points