Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: garbon on November 27, 2016, 05:13:32 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 27, 2016, 04:55:14 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 27, 2016, 04:42:32 PM
Good Lord.  Honeymoon is over.

Two more tweets hot off the press:

@realDonaldTrump    1h

It would have been much easier for me to win the so-called popular vote than the Electoral College in that I would only campaign in 3 or 4--

Quote@realDonaldTrump    1h

states instead of the 15 states that I visited. I would have won even more easily and convincingly (but smaller states are forgotten)!

I'm sure if he had campaigned harder in California he would have won the majority of votes in that state. Same with NY...

Though, with no convictions, I suppose he could have campaigned with an entirely different message. :hmm:

Well his doctor did write a confidential report that said Trump could turn his mind to anything; not sure who subsequently leaked it.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 27, 2016, 04:48:31 PM

Don't worry about it.  Chances are you wouldn't have to for very long anyway.

Yi does pretty well on that one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 27, 2016, 04:56:09 PM
That one's fine.  That's nothing.

It is barking crazy, but it is ridiculous and think skinned that he feels a need to even make the argument.

Doesn't he have anything better to do with his time?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on November 27, 2016, 05:26:38 PM

It is barking crazy, but it is ridiculous and think skinned that he feels a need to even make the argument.

I think he's planning on just straight chilling till he gets sworn in.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on November 27, 2016, 05:28:53 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 27, 2016, 05:26:38 PM

I think he's planning on just straight chilling till he gets sworn in.

Must be quite stressful having to cancel some business meetings in order to attend the inauguration.

Jacob

I guess that answers the question of whether the GOP will go all in on voter suppression tactics in upcoming elections.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on November 27, 2016, 06:32:45 PM

I guess that answers the question of whether the GOP will go all in on voter suppression tactics in upcoming elections.

Since I voted for THE FUCKING CUNT, does that mean I voted illegally?

jimmy olsen

Trump got the smallest percentage of the popular vote for a winner since John Quincy Adams. Currently down 2.2 million votes and 1.7%.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3747450/popular-vote-gap-2016-presidential-election-clinton-won-did-donald-trump-win-electoral-college-recount/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Savonarola

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 27, 2016, 06:40:22 PM
Trump got the smallest percentage of the popular vote for a winner since John Quincy Adams. Currently down 2.2 million votes and 1.7%.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3747450/popular-vote-gap-2016-presidential-election-clinton-won-did-donald-trump-win-electoral-college-recount/

That can't be right.  Bill Clinton was elected in 1992 with 43% of the popular vote; Trump is somewhere around 46%.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

OttoVonBismarck

Maybe Timmay meant Trump has the highest margin deficit, at 1.7%, than any winner since J.Q. Adams (got 30.9% vs 41.4% for Jackson, a deficit of -10.5.) Although any comparison back to 1824 are a little wonky--6 states didn't even give out electoral votes based on the popular vote in that election.

DGuller

Quote from: Jacob on November 27, 2016, 06:32:45 PM

I don't think that question was that open to begin with.  Next time the Democrats have a situation like they had in 2009, whenever that happens if ever, if they don't spend their political capital on voting rights legislation, they will be traitors to their country through extreme incompetence.  Nothing else really matters if they don't act to protect the franchise.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 27, 2016, 06:57:54 PM
Maybe Timmay meant Trump has the highest margin deficit, at 1.7%, than any winner since J.Q. Adams (got 30.9% vs 41.4% for Jackson, a deficit of -10.5.) Although any comparison back to 1824 are a little wonky--6 states didn't even give out electoral votes based on the popular vote in that election.

I was just wrong because I parroted that site without stopping to think if their numbers were correct. Mea culpa.

I think Tilden beat Hayes by 3%
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 27, 2016, 08:39:40 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 27, 2016, 06:57:54 PM

I was just wrong because I parroted that site without stopping to think if their numbers were correct. Mea culpa.

I think Tilden beat Hayes by 3%

Just this one time?

:P

CountDeMoney