Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 27, 2016, 09:30:09 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 27, 2016, 08:39:40 PM
I think Tilden beat Hayes by 3%

You sure about that?  Better get on that shit.

In the popular vote, which is what we were talking about, yes?

Tilden 50.9% in the popular vote, Hayes only got 47.9%.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 27, 2016, 10:37:08 PM
Shut up, Meg.
The retort of choice for misogynists who just realized they lost the argument.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Martinus

Looks like there actually are liberals who understand this:

https://youtu.be/krP7rqYKHxs

So is this just Languish that got a slower bunch?

Martinus

I also think I understand the psychology behind the completely ridiculous and pointless debate about popular vote.

"Oh, Clinton won the popular vote so it's the electoral college system that is to blame, not a shit establishment candidate. No need to change anything. Carry on."

Admiral Yi

I would hope you understand the pyschology behind the ridiculous and pointless debate, because AFAICT you just invented it.

Eddie Teach

Oh, there are people complaining about the EC now, just as there were in 2000.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 28, 2016, 02:29:45 AM
I also think I understand the psychology behind the completely ridiculous and pointless debate about popular vote.

"Oh, Clinton won the popular vote so it's the electoral college system that is to blame, not a shit establishment candidate. No need to change anything. Carry on."

:jaron:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 28, 2016, 02:40:07 AM
I would hope you understand the pyschology behind the ridiculous and pointless debate, because AFAICT you just invented it.

Mart debates many things with himself. Often this leads to a poll where he asks Languish for their opinion.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.