And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 25, 2015, 06:33:35 PM
Clinton is leading by 34 in Iowa.
Biden's path to victory is an upset win over Clinton in Iowa followed by a Sanders upset win over Clinton in New Hampshire.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Phillip V on August 25, 2015, 06:52:45 PM
Biden's path to victory is an upset win over Clinton in Iowa followed by a Sanders upset win over Clinton in New Hampshire.

Hair plug Joe's path to victory is every one else dying.

He's an establishment Democrat in a year in which Clinton has the establishment locked up.  He runs every election and he's always everyone's third preference.  He has no natural constituency.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 25, 2015, 06:59:22 PM
Hair plug Joe's path to victory is every one else dying.
Given the age of Democratic candidates, that's the odds-on favorite outcome.

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 25, 2015, 06:59:22 PM
He has no natural constituency.

Sure he does--late night talk show hosts.  You know they'd love a Biden Presidency;  it would be a gold mine of material.

Valmy

Unfortunately not many late night talk show hosts live in Iowa or New Hampshire :(

Or at least I have never heard 'live from our studios in Des Moines'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Hillary is proposing to limit student loan repayments to 10% of income for 10 years (?) then write off the balance.  Estimated cost to the taxpayer: $35 billion a year.

garbon

So who actually votes in polls that Uncle Joe is leading over all candidates? :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 26, 2015, 07:44:56 PM
Hillary is proposing to limit student loan repayments to 10% of income for 10 years (?) then write off the balance.  Estimated cost to the taxpayer: $35 billion a year.

And at the same time we'll tighten up how much new student loan money we give out, right?  Right??
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on August 27, 2015, 10:30:57 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 26, 2015, 07:44:56 PM

And at the same time we'll tighten up how much new student loan money we give out, right?  Right??

She so funny
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on August 27, 2015, 10:30:57 AM

If we did it presumably wouldn't cost 35 bill you silly goose.

Rubio is proposing performance bonds to finance college.

jimmy olsen

Studies have shown it would be cheaper to just pay for everyone's college than the halfassed grants and loans the government gives out now.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 27, 2015, 06:33:28 PM
Studies have shown it would be cheaper to just pay for everyone's college than the halfassed grants and loans the government gives out now.

The objective is to build an entire population of people who think they are middle-class while having a negative net worth. How would paying for their school accomplish that?  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Tonitrus

If we do "single payer" college ed, then we'll also need to regulate costs.  And unless the government gets really deep into it, I imagine a lot of the premier universities will simply opt out and still do just fine (and student loans will still have a market).

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 27, 2015, 06:33:28 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, you're referencing an article you linked which talked about the cost of federal higher ed programs exceeding tuition at public universities.