And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 27, 2015, 06:59:48 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 27, 2015, 06:33:28 PM
Studies have shown it would be cheaper to just pay for everyone's college than the halfassed grants and loans the government gives out now.

Unless I'm mistaken, you're referencing an article you linked which talked about the cost of federal higher e programs exceeding tuition at public universities.

Well, obviously the government shouldn't subsidize private institutions.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 27, 2015, 07:01:18 PM
well, obviously the government shouldn't subsidize private institutions.

Not only does the government currently do that on a massive scale, I'm really perplexed why it shouldn't if the private option is more efficient and effective than the public option.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Tonitrus

I imagine any federal system would work a lot like the Post 9-11 GI Bill, where public universities are covered in full, but private ones only up to a certain amount.  But in our hypothetical case, you could exclude private ones altogether, and they'd probably do just fine.

Admiral Yi

Put a goddamn hard return in your posts Timmy.  How fucking hard is that to remember?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 27, 2015, 07:32:55 PM
Put a goddamn hard return in your posts Timmy.  How fucking hard is that to remember?

Since it doesn't bother me, it's hard. :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 27, 2015, 07:37:47 PM

I'll teach you: put your right index finger on the "Enter" key and push.

The US subsidizes food producers (through food stamps), house builders and mortgage lenders (through the mortgage interest deduction), and rental property owners (through Section 8), just to name a few.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 27, 2015, 07:40:48 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 27, 2015, 07:37:47 PM

I'll teach you: put your right index finger on the "Enter" key and push.
The US subsidizes food producers (through food stamps), house builders and mortgage lenders (through the mortgage interest deduction), and rental property owners (through Section 8), just to name a few.

:lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Monoriu

Actually, I tend to use my right middle finger  :blush:

11B4V

Quote from: Monoriu on August 27, 2015, 08:20:03 PM

That doesn't seem like the proper way to type.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Monoriu

Quote from: 11B4V on August 27, 2015, 08:59:22 PM

I have long abandoned the proper way to type.  I just type however I want to.  I know it is wrong but I am too used to my way now that I lack the incentive to change my habits  :blush:

DGuller

Quote from: Monoriu on August 27, 2015, 09:03:57 PM

I have long abandoned the proper way to type.  I just type however I want to.  I know it is wrong but I am too used to my way now that I lack the incentive to change my habits  :blush:
No wonder you're falling apart.

Eddie Teach

That's even ruder than omitting a hard return.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

I took a typing class in high school and it's been one of the handiest things I learned.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."