2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Some of the BBC coverage is woeful, overpaid journalism not bothering to do their homework; one has just said '37million have now voted, thats one in three Americans'.  :blink:

Hang on aren't there now somewhere north of 300 million of you guys (wild guess 325million), no idea what the voter registration rate is, maybe 70% and turnout should be more than 50%, so that means around 120-130 million voters or if the 37million early voting is to believed (she could have well got that wrong), that actually means, approaching one in three of those Americans who'll end up voting.  I think.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 05, 2016, 03:12:33 PM
Quote from: The Larch on November 05, 2016, 10:07:07 AM
If somebody wants to relive their Oregon Trail 8 bit experiences:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/01/opinion/voting-suppression-videogame.html?_r=2

I must say I will never cease to be amazed about how the basic logistics of an election can be such a hurdle in the XXIst century.

I hope you didn't draw your conclusion from that silly game.

Well duh, I don't think there's that much dissentery still around.  :P

Phillip V

I find it disturbing that Clinton is spending her final days physically campaigning in Michigan and Pennsylvania. I know public polling the past week show a somewhat tighter race in those states, but the Clinton campaign's internal polling must be painting a much more horrible picture to warrant spending time and money there.

mongers

Quote from: Phillip V on November 05, 2016, 09:12:51 PM
I find it disturbing that Clinton is spending her final days physically campaigning in Michigan and Pennsylvania. I know public polling the past week show a somewhat tighter race in those states, but the Clinton campaign's internal polling must be painting a much more horrible picture to warrant spending time and money there.

Quite possibly, but Timmay will be along shortly to disprove your reasoning.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Phillip V on November 05, 2016, 09:12:51 PM

I suspect that her campaign has come to the conclusion that she is a net drag on the ticket, particularly in battleground states.

katmai

And isn't Penn a day of only for voting whilst a lot of these other places have been voting for over a week now? :unsure:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Another way to look at it is because Orange Crush's path to the White House is so narrow, the conservative strategy is to shore up the firewall states, those that he is trailing in but needs to win.

I really hope the pollsters have all been fucking up big time and we end up with a 20 point margin on election night.

Ed Anger

I'm hoping Tim and DG get a shitburger surprise. Just for shits and giggles.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 05, 2016, 09:37:51 PM
I'm hoping Tim and DG get a shitburger surprise. Just for shits and giggles.

Okay Marti.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zoupa

I still maintain a 290+ victory for Clinton, popular vote win of 4%+. I think a lot of the "sky is falling" stuff over the past week is mostly media-induced. Out there in the real world, it's not going to make somebody change their vote, or make voting for the pedo-rapist any more palatable.

Jacob

Quote from: Zoupa on November 05, 2016, 11:42:37 PM
I still maintain a 290+ victory for Clinton, popular vote win of 4%+. I think a lot of the "sky is falling" stuff over the past week is mostly media-induced. Out there in the real world, it's not going to make somebody change their vote, or make voting for the pedo-rapist any more palatable.

Yeah, that's my thinking as well.

I mean, I'm still nervous because the consequences of a Trump presidency would be dire and because I hope as Yi that he gets utterly trounced. But I think it's going to be alright.

* crossing fingers *

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

Could be just people getting used to the idea of early voting?

Martinus

Hey why wouldn't trust Timmay's prediction about Clinton's victory? After all he was right about ebola deimating Africa last year.