News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The liberal arts

Started by Ideologue, April 17, 2013, 09:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worth a damn?  Obviously not, but U-DECIDE

Still taught in HS and financed as non-teaching college degrees (status quo)
18 (45%)
Still taught in HS, not financed as non-teaching college degrees
4 (10%)
Not taught in HS... then we don't need specialized teaching degrees, now do we?
2 (5%)
I believe that all education is a benefit to hahahaha just kidding who would vote for this option?
11 (27.5%)
Only fund such degrees as offered at JIB University
2 (5%)
Other
3 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: fahdiz on April 29, 2013, 02:38:37 PM
Quote from: Jacob on April 29, 2013, 02:36:30 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 29, 2013, 02:31:10 PM
Fun factoid:  every single Mickey D's CEO has started out as a grunt and climbed the ranks.

That's actually really cool.

It is. Makes it kind of a shame that they're in bed with all the companies who are completely assfucking our food supply.

Is fahdiz one of those idiots whose bought into the "modern food production = poison" bullshit?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Phillip V on April 29, 2013, 02:41:30 PM
My fantasy if I get banished from the government/military realm is to begin work at the lowest levels of McDonald's or WalMart and then rise towards the top. :)

All work is honorable!

The one big problem with the American Beauty paradigm is you can only afford rent at a boarding house with six crackhead housemates.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 29, 2013, 03:07:37 PM
Is fahdiz one of those idiots whose bought into the "modern food production = poison" bullshit?

I think his beef--as it were--is with McDonald's atrocious record of industrial chicken processing, as opposed to Chik-fil-A's more holistic approach.

fhdz

Fun factoid:  every single Mickey D's CEO has started out as a grunt and climbed the ranks.

It is. Makes it kind of a shame that they're in bed with all the companies who are completely assfucking our food supply.

No, I'm one of those other kinds of idiots.
and the horse you rode in on

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on April 29, 2013, 03:00:48 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 29, 2013, 02:59:32 PM
Egg White McMuffins!
Are those any good?  I haven't been to breakfast at McDonald's in a while (fortunately for my cholesterol).

I've no idea. I believe the difference in calories is like 50 and I was like, mmm, why bother?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 29, 2013, 03:09:35 PM
My fantasy if I get banished from the government/military realm is to begin work at the lowest levels of McDonald's or WalMart and then rise towards the top. :)

All work is honorable!

The one big problem with the American Beauty paradigm is you can only afford rent at a boarding house with six crackhead housemates.

I have a large safety/housing net of family, friends, former colleagues, and church. :hug:

Ideologue

All work is honorable!

So you admit it. :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on April 29, 2013, 04:30:06 PM
So you admit it. :hmm:

Yes, I cracked from the intense pressure of your interrogation.

WTF do you mean "admit?"

Ideologue

That America is a blighted nation where many jobs don't pay a living wage.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Aren't people still living who make those wages? :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on April 29, 2013, 04:50:13 PM
Aren't people still living who make those wages? :hmm:

Depends on your definitions.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on April 29, 2013, 04:37:44 PM
That America is a blighted nation where many jobs don't pay a living wage.

Reading comprehension motherfucker, do you have it?

What do you mean by admit?  Have I tried to sustain the illusion that a person working minimum wage can support a family of four in comfort and style?

Razgovory

Quote from: fahdiz on April 29, 2013, 03:11:34 PM

Fahdiz, an idiot for all seasons.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

All work is honorable!

Actually my brother made some decent money in the industry.  He's a pretty hard worker.  Of course he's stupid so wouldn't take a district management job, and he's a drunk so he lost all his money.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on April 29, 2013, 05:04:59 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on April 29, 2013, 03:11:34 PM

Fahdiz, an idiot for all seasons.

:bowler:
and the horse you rode in on