News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 30, 2013, 04:16:58 PM
Most supermercados I've been to just put them next to the name brands.  Here's your John Kerry ketchup, here's you store brand ketchup.

Same here, but I do remember back in the day Kroger having an aisle with only their store brand crap.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

The nearest equivalent I can remember is back in the 80s some supermarkets tried out bulk bins of no-name cereal.  Big plastic tub filled with CORN FLAKE or BRAN FLAKE you scooped out and put in a plastic bag.  Stuff cost like 20 cents a pound and no one ever bought it.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 30, 2013, 04:36:45 PM
The nearest equivalent I can remember is back in the 80s some supermarkets tried out bulk bins of no-name cereal.  Big plastic tub filled with CORN FLAKE or BRAN FLAKE you scooped out and put in a plastic bag.  Stuff cost like 20 cents a pound and no one ever bought it.

I buy that stuff-- my kids aren't brand-conscious yet, so they enjoy their Fruit Rings, Cocoa Crunchies, and Apple Dapples without any suspicion whatsoever.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

I can remember when bulk food bins were popular.  Cant say I see them much anymore either.

merithyn

We did.  :Embarrass: We was teh poors.

My mom used to shop almost exclusively in the black and white aisle, which mortified me once I hit middle school. Luckily, it was around that time that they started making generic stuff more colorful and intermingling it in with the brand-name stuff.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

frunk

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 04:33:12 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 30, 2013, 04:16:58 PM
Most supermercados I've been to just put them next to the name brands.  Here's your John Kerry ketchup, here's you store brand ketchup.

Same here, but I do remember back in the day Kroger having an aisle with only their store brand crap.

Speaking of Kroger's, the quality of their white brand merch seems to have dropped into the toilet in the past year.

Godawful now even.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 30, 2013, 04:22:34 PM
Hey Meri, any advice on where to go for dead nigger storage? :)

Jimmy's garage, clearly.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on April 30, 2013, 04:43:48 PM
My mom used to shop almost exclusively in the black and white aisle, which mortified me once I hit middle school. Luckily, it was around that time that they started making generic stuff more colorful and intermingling it in with the brand-name stuff.

Don't worry, Meri...I'm old enough to remember the "black & white" aisle at the old A&Ps and Acmes, too.  :hug: 
And it's not racist because it was the Carter Administration, and both blacks and whites wound up there.   :lol:

dps

Quote from: Maximus on April 30, 2013, 01:08:31 PM
Wads of cash and reams of paperwork. It's not the way I would have set it up, but those were the rules.

As opposed to getting it handed to you just by being born. Practically anyone can get born.

Hmm.  When you said you "earned" you American citizenship, I thought you meant by sleeping with Meri.  ;)

Quote from: garbonI think it would be hard to get born when you are already alive.

You can be born again.  Don't believe me?  Ask Jimmy Carter.

DGuller

Quote from: dps on April 30, 2013, 06:22:36 PM
Hmm.  When you said you "earned" you American citizenship, I thought you meant by sleeping with Meri.  ;)
:pinch: :headshake:

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on April 30, 2013, 04:18:31 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2013, 04:02:29 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 30, 2013, 02:37:23 PM
Quote from: merithyn on April 30, 2013, 01:59:34 PM
:P

The Generic Aisle. :contract:
I knew what you meant. :sleep:

We used to call that the "No Frills" aisle.

I don't know anyone like racist Meri who calls it the black aisle. I do know about the black section though that just refers to the small set of black people hair products.

What the fuck are you talking about? :huh:

It was called the black and white aisle because it was ALL BLACK AND WHITE. Before you were born, generic was black and white.

For fuck's sake. :glare:

:D

Btw, I was just returning the favor.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I didn't want to be crass but I was thinking something along the lines that it would be more impressive if he got it on his own.

You can be born again.  Don't believe me?  Ask Jimmy Carter.

I don't think that practically anyone can do that. That also doesn't get one American citizenship.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

I'll let you in on a secret, he got to sleep with me before he ever thought about being an American citizen. ;)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on April 30, 2013, 08:23:30 PM
I'll let you in on a secret, he got to sleep with me before he ever thought about being an American citizen. ;)

Unpaid internship.  :P