News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Yeah, they were removing items from the apartment, apparently.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

fhdz

Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2013, 09:56:58 PM
:yes:

I've a duvet made of handguns.

Sounds cozy. I've heard that happiness is a warm gun!
and the horse you rode in on

derspiess

Quote from: fahdiz on May 01, 2013, 12:05:05 PM

Bang, bang.  Shoot, shoot.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2013, 12:06:32 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on May 01, 2013, 12:05:05 PM

Bang, bang.  Shoot, shoot.

Are we still talking about guns?

Eddie Teach

You're not a girl that misses much.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 01, 2013, 12:27:50 PM
You're not a girl that misses much.

Mother Superior jumped the gun.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 09:38:22 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 30, 2013, 08:54:24 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 12:37:53 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 30, 2013, 12:27:43 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 12:04:34 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 30, 2013, 11:43:57 AM
Unless they get into gun culture, in which case they'll end up in militias who bomb federal buildings.
Or maybe-- just maybe-- they'll become responsible gun owners like me, Seedy, 11B, Ed, and, uh, Cal.
I don't accept that any of you are responsible.
I keep my firearms locked up, and even submitted to federal authority for a collector's license :goodboy:
But you do own a handgun, do you not?

Correct. Three, actually.

Then, you are not a responsible person, atleast in Neil's world.

WE ALL LIVE IN IT.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

They must have something on them since they've arrested them, not just taking them in for questioning. I guess that could change though? Whether there are more people involved or not, some pundits were saying right away that the brothers acted alone, while no one had any info yet, the investigation just getting started. That seems to be the standard catch-phrase after every bombing or attack.

crazy canuck

Quote from: KRonn on May 01, 2013, 01:23:23 PM
They must have something on them since they've arrested them, not just taking them in for questioning. I guess that could change though? Whether there are more people involved or not, some pundits were saying right away that the brothers acted alone, while no one had any info yet, the investigation just getting started. That seems to be the standard catch-phrase after every bombing or attack.

Its good police work to make sure other suspects were not alerted to the possibility they were being investigated.  There may even have been police sources feeding the pundits that line to make sure.

11B4V

Boston Fire Chief 'Failed' Marathon Test: Deputies

Quote(Newser) – Boston Fire Department Chief Steve Abraira failed to take charge at the Boston Marathon bombing scene, and is hence unfit for the job, all 13 of the department's deputy chiefs have declared. In a letter to the mayor obtained by the Boston Herald , the deputies say Abraira became a "ghost fire chief" in the crisis. "At a time when the City of Boston needed every first responder to take decisive action, Chief Abraira failed to get involved in operational decision-making or show any leadership," they complain. "You can unequivocally consider this letter a vote of no confidence in Chief Abraira," the letter concludes.

Abraira, for his part, expressed bewilderment, saying there was "no reason" for him to step in during the disaster and that he's more of an administrator than an on-the-ground commander. "Quite honestly, I thought everything was going very well with the deputies at the scene," he says. The Herald notes that the former Dallas fire chief, who was Boston's first hire for the top slot from outside its own ranks, in 2012 changed a long-running policy that commanded the highest-ranking chief to take charge at incident scenes; he says the move put Boston in compliance with national standards.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Jacob

Quote from: 11B4V on May 15, 2013, 01:15:57 PM
Boston Fire Chief 'Failed' Marathon Test: Deputies

Quote(Newser) – Boston Fire Department Chief Steve Abraira failed to take charge at the Boston Marathon bombing scene, and is hence unfit for the job, all 13 of the department's deputy chiefs have declared. In a letter to the mayor obtained by the Boston Herald , the deputies say Abraira became a "ghost fire chief" in the crisis. "At a time when the City of Boston needed every first responder to take decisive action, Chief Abraira failed to get involved in operational decision-making or show any leadership," they complain. "You can unequivocally consider this letter a vote of no confidence in Chief Abraira," the letter concludes.

Abraira, for his part, expressed bewilderment, saying there was "no reason" for him to step in during the disaster and that he's more of an administrator than an on-the-ground commander. "Quite honestly, I thought everything was going very well with the deputies at the scene," he says. The Herald notes that the former Dallas fire chief, who was Boston's first hire for the top slot from outside its own ranks, in 2012 changed a long-running policy that commanded the highest-ranking chief to take charge at incident scenes; he says the move put Boston in compliance with national standards.

Makes sense. If they get rid of him, most likely one of them will get the top job next. If not, it'll probably go to an outsider.

CountDeMoney

Quotein 2012 changed a long-running policy that commanded the highest-ranking chief to take charge at incident scenes; he says the move put Boston in compliance with national standards.

Oh, that's some bullshit right there.  :lol:

Admiral Yi

One would think you have a degree in Emergency Management. :hmm:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.