And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Maximus on April 30, 2013, 12:55:56 PM
At least I earned my citizenship.

Oh, you took a test and did a couple interviews.  Big whoop.

I lived through the Carter administration.  DON'T TELL ME I DIDN'T EARN IT
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maximus

Wads of cash and reams of paperwork. It's not the way I would have set it up, but those were the rules.

As opposed to getting it handed to you just by being born. Practically anyone can get born.

garbon

Quote from: Maximus on April 30, 2013, 01:08:31 PM
As opposed to getting it handed to you just by being born. Practically anyone can get born.

Not since Roe v. Wade.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2013, 01:11:59 PM

Not since Roe v. Wade.
:rolleyes: Anyone alive today.

garbon

I think it would be hard to get born when you are already alive.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 01:04:07 PM

Raised in a gated community.  That's tough.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 30, 2013, 01:30:21 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 01:04:07 PM

Raised in a gated community.  That's tough.

I thought we were poor because everyone else's dad was a doctor or CEO :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2013, 01:11:59 PM

Not since Roe v. Wade.

Operative word there is "practically". ;)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 01:31:44 PM
I thought we were poor because everyone else's dad was a doctor or CEO :(

:lol:

You sound like my best friend. She was absolutely certain that she was poor because her mother was a teacher and her father had an office job. We had to point out that "poor" people didn't spend their summers traversing Canada via rail and car, or every winter visiting the south.

It was particularly fun trying to explain the black and white aisle at the grocery store to her, or trying to describe government cheese. :P

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on April 30, 2013, 01:44:33 PM
It was particularly fun trying to explain the black and white aisle at the grocery store to her
We didn't allow blacks to live in our town hence there was no need for such a setup. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

It was particularly fun trying to explain the black and white aisle at the grocery store to her, or trying to describe government cheese. :P

Now I did at one time have some government cheese.  My grandma's sister, which I guess would be my great aunt, got in line for it even though she didn't technically qualify ("I'm payin' fer it-- I might as well get me some").  She sent some to my grandma and it was surprisingly good.

merithyn

Quote from: Caliga on April 30, 2013, 01:57:15 PM
It was particularly fun trying to explain the black and white aisle at the grocery store to her
We didn't allow blacks to live in our town hence there was no need for such a setup. :)

:P

The Generic Aisle. :contract:

Viking

Quote from: Neil on April 30, 2013, 12:12:17 PM
Quote from: merithyn on April 30, 2013, 11:53:33 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 11:17:56 AM

Our kids belong here.  And I can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that they won't be terrorists.
Can you really?

*queue pictures of Timothy McVey, Columbine Killers, Unabomber, etc.
The Columbine guys weren't terrorists.

Define terrorist
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Max won't be a true American until he stops using Celsius.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on April 30, 2013, 01:59:34 PM
:P

The Generic Aisle. :contract:
I knew what you meant. :sleep:

We used to call that the "No Frills" aisle.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points