And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 23, 2013, 08:58:00 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 23, 2013, 08:48:04 PM
Such a good run that he gets fired every couple of hours.

"Had" is the past tense of to have.

Compared to what?  Mayflies?  The guy ran with dismal ratings for a while then rose up to almost Fox levels when Bush was in trouble then burned out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 23, 2013, 09:02:15 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 23, 2013, 08:58:14 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 23, 2013, 06:02:05 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 23, 2013, 05:11:46 PM
They certainly listen to talk radio at higher rates.  That was observed before the big talk radio boom in the late 80's-90's.  I strongly suspect there is a bigger appetite for reaffirming your own opinion in right wing circles.
Agreed.  The very nature of being a right winger makes you more vulnerable to seeking out blowhards to reaffirm your view, just like the very nature of being left winger makes you more vulnerable to being fickle and apathetic.  That's why there is no successful leftist Rush Limbaugh, just like there is no successful rightist Jon Stewart.

There is a temptation to think right wingers and left wingers are just mirrors of each other.  I do not think this is true.  For instance, there is a major gap between Democrats and Republicans on the topic of compromise.   http://www.gallup.com/poll/144359/democrats-republicans-differ-views-compromise.aspx

I noticed you picked a poll that was taken right at the height of the Tea Party movement :hmm:

I noticed you agreed with this sentiment at the time as well.  I distinctly remember you saying that you would be pleased if Congress blocked everything that Obama did.  And again, if you can find a better poll, do so.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

If Olbermann had 20 million viewers he wouldn't have been canned, so not the best counter example.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 23, 2013, 09:06:04 PM
I noticed you agreed with this sentiment at the time as well.  I distinctly remember you saying that you would be pleased if Congress blocked everything that Obama did. 

Since I disagreed with every bit of Obama's agenda, uh... yeah. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 23, 2013, 09:13:36 PM
If Olbermann had 20 million viewers he wouldn't have been canned, so not the best counter example.

I always liked him as a pure sports guy.  Too bad he veered way off that track.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 23, 2013, 09:16:29 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 23, 2013, 09:06:04 PM
I noticed you agreed with this sentiment at the time as well.  I distinctly remember you saying that you would be pleased if Congress blocked everything that Obama did. 

Since I disagreed with every bit of Obama's agenda, uh... yeah.

Glad to know you wanted Osama Bin Laden alive. :P

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 23, 2013, 09:18:16 PM
Glad to know you wanted Osama Bin Laden alive. :P

OH NO YOU GOT ME THERE

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 23, 2013, 08:58:00 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 23, 2013, 08:48:04 PM
Such a good run that he gets fired every couple of hours.

"Had" is the past tense of to have.
I don't think he even had much of a good run.  Much like MSNBC, you only knew he existed when someone spoke of the outrageous think he said.  What were his peak viewership figures like, compared to Rush or Glenn Beck?

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on April 23, 2013, 09:34:46 PM
I don't think he even had much of a good run.  Much like MSNBC, you only knew he existed when someone spoke of the outrageous think he said.  What were his peak viewership figures like, compared to Rush or Glenn Beck?

He had a good run in terms of causing outrage in his opponents.

HVC

Quote from: derspiess on April 23, 2013, 09:49:28 PM

He had a good run in terms of causing outrage in his opponents.
then Obama is the best president ever :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

No clue.

derspiess

Quote from: HVC on April 23, 2013, 09:52:23 PM
then Obama is the best president ever :D

Well yeah, in that sense you could say he's having a good run.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 23, 2013, 10:17:29 PM

No clue.

Then how can you say he had a good run?

Razgovory

Derspeiss, serious question here.  Do you think that the Democrats show reciprocate and block everything that a future Republican President does?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on April 23, 2013, 10:28:50 PM
Then how can you say he had a good run?

I can say Rush is having a very good run too, without knowing his peak audience numbers either.