Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Does Tim lead a Conradian existence?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Maybe I lost a few posts when this thread was merged, but I read the whole thing. I don't remember that being brought up. :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Something that just occurred to me:  The two cities in the US struck by Muslim terrorism are the two areas which were most supportive of the IRA.  Is it possible that karma works?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on April 21, 2013, 09:21:44 AM
Something that just occurred to me:  The two cities in the US struck by Muslim terrorism are the two areas which were most supportive of the IRA.  Is it possible that karma works?

Obvious CdM troll is obvious.

Martinus

Anyway, what do Boston marathon runners and Hitler have in common?

Neither was able to finish a race.  :ph34r:

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on April 21, 2013, 09:43:14 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 21, 2013, 09:21:44 AM

Obvious CdM troll is obvious.
I'll take MB too.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on April 21, 2013, 09:43:58 AM

Lame and inaccurate.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on April 21, 2013, 09:43:58 AM

Grammar fail.

A Boston Marathon runner was unable to finish his race.
Hiter was unable to finish his race off.

Edit: that was not a reference to hand-, foot- or blow-jobs, it was a reference to genocide.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Strix

So, the media seems determined to portray the surviving terrorist as a victim who has been "radicalized" and misled by his brother. I guess we are not even supposed to call him a "terrorist". I am sure it will all be a big misunderstanding that was caused by the U.S. people/culture by the end of the trial.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

DGuller

Quote from: Strix on April 21, 2013, 01:04:37 PM
So, the media seems determined to portray the surviving terrorist as a victim who has been "radicalized" and misled by his brother. I guess we are not even supposed to call him a "terrorist". I am sure it will all be a big misunderstanding that was caused by the U.S. people/culture by the end of the trial.
See, this is the kind of crap that you write all the time that makes it nearly impossible for me or my BFF Berkut to resist mocking you.  Zero signal, all high pitched whine noise, all the time.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on April 21, 2013, 01:28:17 PM
See, this is the kind of crap that you write all the time that makes it nearly impossible for me or my BFF Berkut to resist mocking you.  Zero signal, all high pitched whine noise, all the time.

My partner in all things Languish, DGerkut speaks the truth.

Stuff like that made me think for a long time that you were trolling, or somehow trying to be ironic. But now I realize that it is really how you actually think.

Which makes your love of unions all the more hilarious.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Strix

Quote from: DGuller on April 21, 2013, 01:28:17 PM

So, the media isn't obsessed with the idea that they were "radicalized"? The whole concept is a cop out. Both brothers made the conscious decision to commit mass murder and than carried it out after planning and training. That fellow terrorists may have provided the training er "radicalized them" is not an excuse for the actions of either brother. If anything it is a reason to send some drones after those that HELPED the brothers. Despite what movies and bad novels like to portray, people don't commit murder especially mass murder unless it is already in them to do so. So called "radicalization" is a red herring at best.

Are you also saying the media hasn't constantly been suggesting and hinting that the younger brother was influenced by his older brother and, therefore, not totally responsible for his actions? Another cop out by the media. If the younger brother had been under lock and key and not let outside his brother's view I could see this is a possible explanation. However, it sounds like the younger brother lead a normal life, went to school, had friends, had a job, and so forth, and could have easily called law enforcement at anytime to stop the attack. He didn't, he made a conscious choice to commit mass murder.

I am not sure, perhaps you cannot afford cable, and have missed everything that is being said.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Strix

And, I haven't even addressed the fact the media is doing their best to avoid any connection to Islam that the brothers might have had.

Strix

Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2013, 01:42:10 PM
My partner in all things Languish, DGerkut speaks the truth.

Stuff like that made me think for a long time that you were trolling, or somehow trying to be ironic. But now I realize that it is really how you actually think.

Which makes your love of unions all the more hilarious.

You have my sympathies. I didn't realize you and Habbaku had a divorce. Or, was he finally surgically removed from your ass?