And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: 11B4V on April 19, 2013, 08:35:51 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 19, 2013, 08:26:29 PM
They better have Mirandized that guy.  All I'm sayin'.

That'd be a bitch if they didnt..eh

Apparantly, the DoJ is saying they don't have to due to a "public safety exception". 

OTOH, it's not clear that he was conscious to be Mirandized, anyway.

fhdz

Quote from: dps on April 19, 2013, 09:34:03 PM
Apparantly, the DoJ is saying they don't have to due to a "public safety exception".

What the fucking fuck?
and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on April 19, 2013, 09:34:03 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 19, 2013, 08:35:51 PM

That'd be a bitch if they didnt..eh

OTOH, it's not clear that he was conscious to be Mirandized, anyway.

So where does that leave the state's case for murder when the Feds fuck it all up?

CountDeMoney

fhdz

merithyn

QuoteA Department of Justice official told CBS News no Miranda warning was given to Tsarnaev because government is invoking the public safety exception.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on April 19, 2013, 09:59:42 PM

QuoteA Department of Justice official told CBS News no Miranda warning was given to Tsarnaev because government is invoking the public safety exception.

Sigh.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 19, 2013, 09:52:10 PM
I LOL'd

QuoteThe Problem with One-Night Stands in Locked-Down Boston

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture/lust-during-wartime

Wasn't a one-night stand per se, but this was what landed me stuck on the other side of town  :sleep:  Same thing happened with the blizzard, though I should've seen that one coming.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 19, 2013, 09:52:10 PM
I LOL'd

QuoteThe Problem with One-Night Stands in Locked-Down Boston

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture/lust-during-wartime

That was actually quite good. I liked the first comment, too: "You're going to end up getting married." :lol:

Capetan Mihali

Re:Miranda, we'll see if he gives a statement and what kind.  You don't necessarily have to be Mirandized the minute the cuffs go on, and it's treated as a "prophylactic rule" rather than a constitutional right in and of itself.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 19, 2013, 10:02:00 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on April 19, 2013, 09:58:54 PM
https://vine.co/v/bU6YvrOvnvx

FBI ftw.

Sigh.

It's the kind of day today where I need to watch that on a continuous loop so I laugh hard enough to vomit a little bit.

Eddie Teach

Does Miranda affect anything other than the guy's own testimony?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 19, 2013, 10:05:35 PM
Re:Miranda, we'll see if he gives a statement and what kind.  You don't necessarily have to be Mirandized the minute the cuffs go on, and it's treated as a "prophylactic rule" rather than a constitutional right in and of itself.

No, you don't.  But you have to give them somewhere along the line, particularly before the formal charging. 
It is, however, good form to do it as soon as possible.

derspiess

So all this shit happens while I'm hanging out at the taproom, and I only hear they caught Joker on my way home.  Just got caught up by reading the last 8 pages.  Good job, fellas :cheers:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall