And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on April 22, 2013, 07:19:54 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on April 22, 2013, 06:32:34 PM
I'll be away for the whole of tomorrow and Viking's play is unlikely to affect me so I'll make my play now.

Quote#47: 4 / Belgic Confession
Take 8 Protestant Conversion attempts that can affect spaces in the Netherlands. The first die is automatically a "6"; the rest are rolled randomly. Treat all rolls of "3" as if they were "4".

Request: 6-sided die x 7

Message from Protestants:
One 6 and seven more rolls, 3s are hits.

2 major, 4 minor. Enlarge with majors to Zutphen and Dunkirk. Then convert Groningen, Arnhem, Ghent, and Flushing.

Habs will be up after Viking.

These conversions aren't legal.  Zutphen wasn't connected to a Protestant space at the start of the impulse.  It only connects to Groningen and Arnhem.

Looks like he could get everything  through Arnhem (major), Zutphen (major), Groningen, Ghent, Flushing (port), Dunkirk (port), unless I missed something?

EDIT: actually, Zutphen (major, Munster), Arnhem (minor, Utrecht or Zutphen), Groningen (minor, Zutphen), Dunkirk (major, port), Ghent (minor, Dunkirk), Flushing (minor, port).

Habbaku

I think I missed something, actually--I forgot Munster was there.  Was only eyeing the Dutch spaces!  Sol's conversions are fine, then.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Operations
#21: 5 / Foreign Volunteers
Message from Ottoman:
Nevermind!

Moving right along...For CPs :

1/5 - Build corsair in Algiers.
2/5 - Naval move. All to Barbary Coast.
3/5 - Naval move. All to Tyrrhenian Sea.
4-5/5 - Piracy against Spain in Tyrrhenian Sea.

QuoteOttoman: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 5

Message from Ottoman:
1 anti-piracy die (galley in Barbary Coast), then 4 piracy dice regardless.

Ottomans get 2 hits.  Choice of VP/galley, card/galley or VP/card to Spain, then to Berkut to play.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Play my Home Card

Spain: Message
2/5: Build galley in Palma
3/5: Naval move galley to Barbary Coast
5/5: John 3r2m to Tunis

0 rows returned

Berkut

It is Turn 3.

The Ottomans have SEVENTEEN VPs already.

This game is going to be out of reach very, very soon, if it is not already.

0 rows returned

Solmyr

I was using Munster as a conversion source space, yes. Figured there had to be some point to those German Protestants. :P

Quote from: Berkut on April 22, 2013, 10:55:45 PM
It is Turn 3.

I can give you Philippines right now if you give me Antwerp (by moving units out of it asap).

Viking

It is Turn 3.

I agree. People should

NOT make peace with him
NOT give him cards
and
NOT attempt to destroy the army of the Ottomans rivals
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

If the Ottomans were actually rivalling him, I would agree.

Instead their rivals made an alliance with them, then betrayed the person who was actually fighting them, directly leading to Spain losing their entire fleet in the process.

There is an actual rival to the Ottomans in this game - you can tell who it is by looking at the naval dead pile last turn. It isn't the player who had their fleet sailing WITH the Ottomans and rolling their dice on the Ottomans side though.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Solmyr on April 23, 2013, 02:32:28 AM
I was using Munster as a conversion source space, yes. Figured there had to be some point to those German Protestants. :P

It is Turn 3.

I can give you Philippines right now if you give me Antwerp (by moving units out of it asap).

Not a terrible offer, but I cannot afford to lose another key right now - the Phillipines are nice, and I would be willing to give you a treasure draw for the card play as the event next turn, but I cannot just roll over in Antwerp.

That being said, I cannot afford to actively defend Antwerp really either. So I can say that I won't be building more troops there, but I think I have to make the Prots spend something to take it - you are already doing quite well yourself, since I have largely been ignoring you.

0 rows returned

Maximus

Managed to hold on to Drake's leash for another round.

Built a galleon and a merc.

ulmont

Wedding Festivities to Henry III / Anna and drew a card.  File sent, Viking up.

Viking

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Berkut

Solmyr, that is a rather nice card - the Phillipines one.

In return for its play as an event, I will abandon Antwerp as long as you also agree not to attempt to revolt in Brussels.

0 rows returned