And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Ottomans score another VP in that case.

Max is up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

How do the Ottomans get another VP?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on April 26, 2013, 10:46:59 AM
How do the Ottomans get another VP?

He has nothing else to award to me (no cards in hand), so he has to give 2 VPs.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Ahhh, got it.

I am sure giving you more VPs rather than giving up some influence with Scotland is the right move.

0 rows returned

ulmont

I am sure Habs would use those 3 cp to make 2 vp.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

More piracy? A scientist?  You can't be trusted with cps.

Viking

Quote from: ulmont on April 26, 2013, 03:01:26 PM

Well, he's spent all his piracy and patronage markers. And what with Berkut using this turn's truce to build a fleet and army to retake malta and sink the pirate fleet I suspect we won't have to worry about Habbaku next turn.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Max made a play on ACTS, but seems to have forgotten how to post on Languish.

Ulmont is out of cards.

Viking is passing the turn.

Solmyr's up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on April 26, 2013, 03:14:14 PM

Well, he's spent all his piracy and patronage markers. And what with Berkut using this turn's truce to build a fleet and army to retake malta and sink the pirate fleet I suspect we won't have to worry about Habbaku next turn.

Nah, I've done my part against the Ottomans. It is your turn. I will help you as much as you helped me, of course.

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on April 26, 2013, 03:58:26 PM

Nah, I've done my part against the Ottomans. It is your turn. I will help you as much as you helped me, of course.

If anybody gets Army Mutiny next turn; berkut has already made it clear what you should do with the card.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on April 26, 2013, 04:11:31 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 26, 2013, 03:58:26 PM

If anybody gets Army Mutiny next turn; berkut has already made it clear what you should do with the card.

Sell it to France?

0 rows returned

Solmyr

QuoteProtestants: Play Card as Event

#13: 1 / Reiters [RESPONSE]
If played by Ottomans, they eliminate 2 mercenaries anywhere on map. If played by any other power, place 2 of your power's mercenaries in any single space. Space chosen must be under friendly control but it does not have to be a home space for your power. You may increase it to 4 mercenaries if the space chosen is no more than 2 land connections from a home space of the Holy Roman Empire.

[FAQ: Space chosen may not be under siege or in unrest.]

Message from Protestants:
4 mercs in Arnhem

I'll be playing my next card too, btw.

Habbaku

Played Grand Vizier to dig for Suez again.  Failed, alas.  No file.

Back to Sol?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

I'll be playing again. Is Berkut passing?