And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on May 08, 2013, 12:54:48 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on May 04, 2013, 04:34:29 PM
I'll be leaving to London on Monday. Not sure how regular my net access will be, and regardless I won't have CB there. So I will be slow for the following week.

my solution to this, which I learned from Habbaku, is to have all the Cyberboard and game related files on a flash drive which I just plug into whatever PC is nearby. Download the game files from gmail to the flashdrive and I can use any pc with an internet connection.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

I've actually started putting everything CB related on Dropbox. That way I never am without my game files.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

I'm on a tablet so no CB files this week for me.

Anyhow, sorry for the delay. Preached in Scotland (Scottish language is clearly too hard). Leave Perth Catholic, everything else Protestant. No file, and would appreciate if someone can calculate Prot spaces and VP changes.

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on May 09, 2013, 02:58:19 PM
Anyhow, sorry for the delay. Preached in Scotland (Scottish language is clearly too hard). Leave Perth Catholic, everything else Protestant. No file, and would appreciate if someone can calculate Prot spaces and VP changes.

At the time of your play, there were 4 Scottish spaces:  Perth, Stirling, Glasgow, and Edinburgh.  Perth was already Protestant; the other 3 were eligible for conversion (Glasgow through the Irish Sea to Bristol; Stirling and Edinburgh from Perth).

You got 2 minor conversions in the end, so one of Stirling, Glasgow, and Edinburgh remains Catholic...not Perth.

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on May 09, 2013, 03:06:25 PM
At the time of your play, there were 4 Scottish spaces:  Perth, Stirling, Glasgow, and Edinburgh.  Perth was already Protestant; the other 3 were eligible for conversion (Glasgow through the Irish Sea to Bristol; Stirling and Edinburgh from Perth).

You got 2 minor conversions in the end, so one of Stirling, Glasgow, and Edinburgh remains Catholic...not Perth.

Except that Edinburgh has two Scottish units (which are Protestant) in it, so why wouldn't he convert that?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on May 09, 2013, 10:22:37 PM
Quote from: ulmont on May 09, 2013, 03:06:25 PM

Except that Edinburgh has two Scottish units (which are Protestant) in it, so why wouldn't he convert that?

Reread my post.  Solmyr can pick any one of Stirling, Glasgow, and Edinburgh to not convert to Protestant, but Perth (which was already Protestant) will remain Protestant and one other space in Scotland will remain Catholic.

Habbaku

Reading is fundamental.  Don't read while tired.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Operations
#14: 1 / Signal Fires [RESPONSE]
Play just before attempting an intercept roll with a stack of your naval units currently in one of your home ports. The intercept automatically succeeds. Roll 2 extra dice in the naval battle that ensues.

Message from Ottoman:
1 CP : Raise 1 cavalry in Istanbul.

Berkut's up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

#65: 2 / Puritans
The English player must choose to allow you to either (1) draw a random card from his hand or (2) add unrest to 3 unoccupied spaces in England. If the card draw is selected, draw the card and reveal it to all players. Then choose to either discard the drawn card or give it to the Protestant player (you may not keep it yourself unless you are Protestant).

Message from Spain:
1/2: Stack in Italy to Milan
2/2: merc in Milan
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

Sorry, didn't remember the map. Stirling will stay Catholic instead.

Maximus

Played Walsingham for cp to influence Portugal. Ulmont up

ulmont

Quote#58: 4 / Jeanne of Navarre [RESPONSE]
Play as an event to start a rebellion in France as if 5 CP were spent. In addition, displace any non-Protestant units from Bayonne, and place that space under Protestant control adding 1 Huguenot regular there. OR Play as a response to cancel play of the Gouvernante of France home card. Remove from deck after play as either variant.

Message from France:
1-2: Preach in Scotland.
3-4/4: preach in France.

Converted Edinburgh, Glasgow, La Rochelle.

File sent; Viking up.

Viking

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations
#73: 5 / War in Persia
Ottoman player must remove 3 to 8 land units from the map and place them (along with any leaders desired) on this Foreign War card (23.7). Persians start with either 3 or 5 land units (chosen by power playing card). If the higher number, award 1 War Winner to Ottoman when war ends. Add a -1 card marker on Ottoman until war ends.

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
4/5 Patronize Mercator
5/5 Unflag Innsbruck

Solmyr up
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Converted some spaces in Scotland and France, Habs up.

Habbaku

Ottomans successfully complete the Suez Canal.

Off to Berkut.

-J. R. R. Tolkien