News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Played Tridentine Catechism to patronize an artist.

Traveling to Montreal over the weekend and today so won't be able to do files and will be delayed at points.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Spain: Play Card as Event
#82: 2 / Death of King Sebastian [MANDATORY]
Portugal enters the game as a Minor Power that is a target for DOW and diplomatic influence. Add markers to the Portuguese track to reflect the status of Spain, France and England (giving England their default 1 influence). Any power controlling Lisbon during the Winter Phase gains 1 treasure (if any remain) as income from Portuguese World Map possessions. Remove from deck after play.

Message from Spain:
2/2: Innsbruck stack to Trent

Extend to use "Draw Card" Treasure.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Maximus

Frobischer rounds the horn and sails up the Mexican Coast. Ulmont went so it's Viking up

Viking

Played home card to patronize an artist (the sizable HRE patronage purse had to go to an incompetent german because somebody hired all the talent out of italy right from under my nose....

extended with 2 cp treasure to build 2 mercs in augsburg
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Protestants: Play Card as Operations

#9: 1 / Fire Ships [COMBAT]
Gain 2 extra dice in a naval combat. Increase this number to 4 extra dice if attacking an enemy fleet in a port space or if fighting against the Spanish Armada.

Message from Protestants:
Remove unrest in Nantes.

Berkut

0 rows returned

Solmyr

I'll be leaving to London on Monday. Not sure how regular my net access will be, and regardless I won't have CB there. So I will be slow for the following week.

Habbaku

Sorry about the delay. 

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Event
#56: 2 / Index of Prohibited Books

Message from Ottoman:
Cancel HRE artist.

Over to Berkut.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Spain: Play Card as Event
#29: 2 / Muscovy Company
Place a "+1 Card" marker on your power card. You draw 1 extra card next turn (representing new revenues from trade with Muscovy). If played by England, place an additional +1 Card marker on the Turn Track on the turn two turns from the current one. England receives an extra card two turns in a row.

Message from Spain:
Play as event

Extend with 1CP treasure, merc to Milan

0 rows returned

Maximus

I believe Frobischer completes his circumnavigation damaged. I have access to neither CB nor the rules at the moment. Will complete my turn in a few hours if no one does it before then.

ulmont

Quote from: Maximus on May 06, 2013, 03:38:50 PM
I believe Frobischer completes his circumnavigation damaged.

Looks right to me.

Quote from: ACTS#83: 2 / Dutch Revolt [MANDATORY]
Count the number of spaces under Spanish political control (and not in Unrest) in the Netherlands. Award Dutch Revolt VP as follows based on that count. 0 spaces: 3 VP to the Protestant, 1-7 spaces: 2 VP to Protestant, 1 VP to England; 8-11 spaces: 1 VP to Protestant, Spain and England; 12-19 spaces: 2 VP to Spain; 20-21 spaces: 3 VP to Spain. Card remains in deck each turn.

Message from France:
I count 12* spaces under Spanish political control, for 2 Spanish VP.

*Groningen, Zutphen, Haarlem, Rotterdam, Brielle;
Dunkirk, Ghent, Lille, Mons, Brussels;
Namur, Luxembourg.

Patronize an artist. [Montaigne]

File sent, Viking up.

Viking

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Event
#85: 2 / Murad III [MANDATORY]
Selim II dies. Murad III replaces Selim as Ottoman ruler; place this card in the ruler space of the Ottoman power card. In games with 4 or fewer players, resolve diplomatic status of Ottoman. Admin Rating: Save 1 card. Card Bonus: no extra cards.

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
2/2 Doomstack to innsbruck, Sultan is dead. Take that for cancelling my artist.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on May 04, 2013, 04:34:29 PM
I'll be leaving to London on Monday. Not sure how regular my net access will be, and regardless I won't have CB there. So I will be slow for the following week.

-J. R. R. Tolkien