News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

What happened to the "OMG ulmont and Habbaku are winning!!!!!1111oneoneoneon Berkut"?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on April 30, 2013, 02:12:27 PM
What happened to the "OMG ulmont and Habbaku are winning!!!!!1111oneoneoneon Berkut"?

He sent an email to everyone asking if they would be interested in a little "Knock down the winners" and while 2/3 of the recipients were interested in talking, the third told me to, in so many words, go fuck myself and mentioned that he would be trying to take Milan, rather than doing anything about France or the Ottomans. In fact, he made it clear that if I were to move against France or the Ottomans, he would do his best to help either of the other two win any war. I believe he said something to the effect of "I hope you build a big stack of troops so I can Army Mutiny it" or something like that.

So yeah, so much for that idea.

If the Ottomans do not win this turn, I will be rather surprised. Habs has bamboozled you so thoroughly it is breathtaking. He really deserves to win.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

You do realize that

1) You just saved me the cost of declaring war

and

2) by going to war with me you also permitted me to us the patron home card rather than the intervention card I'd need to start a war

basically, if you were worried about my backstab you shouldn't have paid for the knife. If the ottoman wins this turn it will be because somebody isn't protecting against piracy. He isn't going to get VP by taking keys from me, he will get them by pirating your deliberately defenseless ports.

It's not your anti-Viking bile I object to, it's the blatant inconsistency between your hyperbole and your action. With threats, badgering, complaining and demagogy you try to get others to take down your enemies and blame them while you go off galavanting somewhere else.

Mainly I'd just like you to end your meta-game whingeing both in private and public.

Seriously if you were really so worried about me attacking you, why did you save me the cost of declaring war? Seriously are you stupid or something?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

My options are not to either attack you or not attack you - my options are either attack you or attack someone else.

If I attack someone else, you stated you would use your HC to attack me. That is obviously a bad idea on my part.

If I attack nobody, then you cannot use your HC to attack me, and I am stuck without the ability to influence anything. I don't think you would DOW in that case. So I would spend the turn screwing around with England some more, but they aren't winning the game, so that seems uninteresting (even if it is probably not a bad game play choice).

So the choice is to simply attack you outright, and make a deal to hold off the Ottomans for a while.

You are simply a tool. Nothing more. You bitch and moan, and more importantly, simply lie, and then complain when the entirely predictable outcome materializes. The idea that I've done nothing about the Ottomans is simply stupid. I spent an entire turn building and then destroying my navy fighting the Ottomans WHILE YOU WERE ALLIED TO THEM AND LOANED THEM YOUR NAVY and then lied about your deal to take a card from them that would have likely changed the outcome.

Now you are going to cry about your bunched up panties because I am NOT going to continue fighting the Ottomans forever while the rest of the board goes about the game? The HRE is as much the traditional enemy of the Ottomans as Spain, and you have not spent one single CP the entire game to slow them down - quite the opposite in fact - you've wasted CPs playing cards to harm me for no reason whatsoever except your feelings were hurt.

So seriously - STFU already about the Ottomans, and definitely STFU about the only player who has done ANYTHING at all to try to stop them. I offered you the olive branch, you told me where to stick it - fine. Why you have to make some big deal about it is beyond me, but hey, you know I am willing to talk shit with the best of them. So lets have a nice little war. It won't stop the winners, but you don't care about that, so why not?

0 rows returned

Berkut

The truly funny, if not masterful, part about all this is that you are so uber enraged over me calling you a liar for, well, lying ,that you haven't even noticed that it has been Habs and ulmont oh so gently fucking you this entire game.

Habs talked you into allying with him, loaning him your fleet, all so he could focus on rampaging in the Med, with your help.

ulmont baited you into declaring war on him while he knew he had Army Mutiny in hand to play.

How did he know you were going to war with him?

How did he know I had Army Mutiny?

I didn't tell him either piece of news. But someone knew I had AM, because I drew it from them on Turn 1.

So, just going by what I can tell from diplo,  Habs told ulmont you were going to war with him, and told him I had Army Mutiny, all the while he talks you into an alliance AND the loan of your fleet so he could use it to fight me. ulmont secures AM against you, then utterly rapes the HRE in the idiotic war you started without even trying to get any diplomatic support at all.

My mistake was failing to remember that the damn Ottomans have that "cancel event" card, and making sure he had played it (although of course Jeromey is smart enough to know to hold it as long as possible...assuming the damn French didn't just outright tell him Treachery was coming) so my plan to take Algiers with the payment for Army Mutiny (Treachery) didn't work out.

And at the end of it all, they both have you convinced that I am the asshole in the entire deal.

Hell, at this point either of them deserve to win, they have played you so completely and thoroughly. The HRE could not have been better played for Habs if he has just created a viking sock puppet to play for him.

0 rows returned

Barrister

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here.  This is the War Room!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Viking

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on April 30, 2013, 05:06:09 PM
Waiting on Max and ulmont's SD

I wanna see where the mercs ended up in Protestant-land first.

Viking

Quote from: ulmont on April 30, 2013, 05:46:15 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 30, 2013, 05:06:09 PM
Waiting on Max and ulmont's SD

I wanna see where the mercs ended up in Protestant-land first.

well if you are waiting on Solmyr I'm gonna have to wait on him as well.. sigh...

Solmyr

ulmont

Habbaku

Sent a file with my home card selection.  Max is up to make a file with his SD and selection as well.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

SD is one merc to Dublin, file sent with card selection

ulmont

Viking