And we're back!

Main Menu

Thatcher's Politicial Legacy.

Started by mongers, April 08, 2013, 10:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2013, 09:54:44 PM
Weirdo English.

Like your boy Bashir pronouncing 'migrane' as meegrane. What a  Fucking Michael Jackson cocksucking idiot.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

You hate him because he's smarter than you.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2013, 10:00:35 PM

I hate him because he is a twit and a Limey. He can get back on the banana boat.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2013, 10:01:39 PM

I hate him because he is a twit and a Limey. He can get back on the banana boat.
I'd have him back if you keep Piers Morgan...
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 11, 2013, 09:53:20 PM
Handout is morally loaded. You get it not because of what you've done but because you're in need ('they need a hand-up, not a handout'). If you're working, regardless of who it's for you're not getting a handout you're getting paid for your work.

The state-owned company may be getting a handout, the employees aren't.

This is ridiculous Shelf.  Listen to yourself for a second.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 11, 2013, 10:02:41 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2013, 10:01:39 PM

I'd have him back if you keep Piers Morgan...

It is a package deal.

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 11, 2013, 09:51:37 PM
Why?  :huh:
Why not? :huh:
It does a lot of good in employing people and earning money. Where's the negative?

How do money losing companies help the country come out ahead?
If by removing 500 loss making jobs you destroy 5,000 profit making jobs then it's probally worth considering taking the hit on those 500.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

See, this is why I'm still a Capitalist.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

But he hates everybody. 

Oh.  OK. 

Jacob

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 11, 2013, 09:48:06 PMOf course not.  But a handout received while peforming work, at a state-owned company or anywhere else, is still a handout.

How do you differentiate a "handout while performing work" from "wages earned"?

Is it if a company is making a loss, all wages paid are a handout? (so by bringing the company into profitability, no handouts are given out)

Or is it if a company is state owned, all wages paid are a handout? (so all public service employees are receiving handouts, as are employees of crown corporations, scientists at say NASA and the FDA, as well as anyone employed at say a state owned oil company)

Is it a combination - state owned and non-profitable? (so most public service employees again)

Or is it people working for state-owned enterprises which you don't approve of?

Josquius

I'd say its irrelevant to the worker and whether their job is real or a handout if their company is state owned or private, making a loss or a profit.
To the average man on the factory floor the job is the same. Its only once you get up to the higher management levels that the job becomes less real and more of a handout.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on April 11, 2013, 11:10:03 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 11, 2013, 09:48:06 PMOf course not.  But a handout received while peforming work, at a state-owned company or anywhere else, is still a handout.

Is it if a company is making a loss, all wages paid are a handout? (so by bringing the company into profitability, no handouts are given out)

Or is it if a company is state owned, all wages paid are a handout? (so all public service employees are receiving handouts, as are employees of crown corporations, scientists at say NASA and the FDA, as well as anyone employed at say a state owned oil company)

Is it a combination - state owned and non-profitable? (so most public service employees again)

I think Yi means anyone he doesn't approve of.

But if it's a firefighter who saves him from an electrical fire, caused by an untested, grey imported inadequately made heater, then that guy isn't working for a handout.

But obviously the laid off woman who used to work at the government 'trading standards'/public safety body, was in receipt of a hand-out and so had to be let go, to make a leaner fitter government.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on April 11, 2013, 10:28:37 PM
Why not? :huh:
It does a lot of good in employing people and earning money. Where's the negative?

The negative is the money you take from somebody else to give to the profitable company.

If by removing 500 loss making jobs you destroy 5,000 profit making jobs then it's probally worth considering taking the hit on those 500.

Not sure how you get a situation where 500 money losing jobs are supporting 5,000 money making jobs.  :huh:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on April 11, 2013, 11:10:03 PM

If the employer is private, and not receiving any money from the government, there is no handout.

If the employer is private and receiving money from the government, it's a handout.  If the condition of the money is continued employment of X workers, the workers are getting a handout.  If the the condition is about production (i.e. a production subsidy), it's a handout to the consumers of the company's product.  If there are no strings attached, it's a handout to the owners.

If the employer is the state and the enterprise is one that generates a product or service for private consumption (such as coal), and it is operating at a loss, the above applies.

If the employer si the state and the enterprise is one that generates a public good (such as NASA) there is not necessarily a handout, but it might be wasted spending depending on how you view the desirability of the public good.