Main Menu

Most unfortunate advertising placement

Started by viper37, April 04, 2013, 03:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: derspiess on April 05, 2013, 04:25:22 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 05, 2013, 04:23:17 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 05, 2013, 03:57:33 PM
Huh.  I put Yi at 40ish.  Figured he was in the same age range as Derspeiss, Ed, and CdM.

Don't let him fool you;  derspiess was obviously born in 1921.

Sometimes I wish I had :mellow:

Hmm.  I wouldn't have minded being born about 20 years earlier.  I would have come of age in a much better economic climate, and I'd be about to retire now.  On the downside, I would have had to live longer before some creature comforts became commerically available, and I might have been drafted (though if all else was the same, I'd have still been 4-F anyway).

Sheilbh

Quote from: fahdiz on April 05, 2013, 01:29:30 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 05, 2013, 12:03:29 PM
The knock on limousine liberals was/is that they espoused liberal values without having any skin in the game.  I.e. soft on crime but live in the suburbs, in favor of school busing but send their kids to private school.  Not that they didn't know any blacks and certainly not that they were bigots.

That's always how I've heard it defined as well. This new definition seems like something a really conservative person came up with.
Yeah. And even then my stereotype would be that they were hyper-PC in their language if not in their actual conduct.
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

I got your back Yip, I knew you were old. :hug:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Quote from: katmai on April 05, 2013, 07:07:33 PM

I thought Yi was mid-30s, he's not nearly bitter enough to be amongst the more 'mature' languishites. :whistle:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

katmai

Quote from: mongers on April 05, 2013, 07:15:19 PM

I thought Yi was mid-30s, he's not nearly bitter enough to be amongst the more 'mature' languishites. :whistle:

Who said anything about maturity?

Of our "consistent" posters he's up there with grumbles, rich H, josephus and you in age :P

lustindarkness

So the most unfortunate advertising is Yi's age?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Sheilbh

I thought Yi was mid-30s too :o
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 05, 2013, 07:25:25 PM

You guys all realize that would make him younger than well 90% of the posters? :P
I mean CCR, myself and Norgy all turn 40 this year, Jaron is 30, not to mention the dinosaurs that are Ed Anger, CdM, PDH and Meri.

HVC

I like languish cause it makes me feel young ^_^ :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

lustindarkness

Quote from: katmai on April 05, 2013, 07:29:35 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 05, 2013, 07:25:25 PM

You guys all realize that would make him younger than well 90% of the posters? :P
I mean CCR, myself and Norgy all turn 40 this year, Jaron is 30, not to mention the dinosaurs that are Ed Anger, CdM, PDH and Meri.

I turned 40 last year, my knees turned 55.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

katmai

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

I knew Yi was somewhere around my age - he has done enough (and not done enough) to be in that range, though I am only 47.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai