Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 05, 2013, 08:17:50 PM
Quote from: The Larch on April 05, 2013, 08:15:56 PM
Quote from: PDH on April 05, 2013, 08:02:26 PM
Quote from: The Larch on April 05, 2013, 08:00:44 PM
Come on man, you've been around since the beginning, and Yi was already past the mid-30s back then. Hell, I am getting to the mid 30s myself. Did you think he was on his 20s on the P'dox OT days of yore?

All I know is that Larch has all the women.

I'm past my prime on that field.

You can ever be too old. Bunga bunga.

I still don't have enough money to pull that off. I guess it'll be a dry spell until my 60s or something.  :lol:

derspiess

Quote from: dps on April 05, 2013, 06:58:19 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 05, 2013, 04:25:22 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 05, 2013, 04:23:17 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 05, 2013, 03:57:33 PM
Huh.  I put Yi at 40ish.  Figured he was in the same age range as Derspeiss, Ed, and CdM.

Don't let him fool you;  derspiess was obviously born in 1921.

Sometimes I wish I had :mellow:

Hmm.  I wouldn't have minded being born about 20 years earlier.  I would have come of age in a much better economic climate, and I'd be about to retire now.  On the downside, I would have had to live longer before some creature comforts became commerically available, and I might have been drafted (though if all else was the same, I'd have still been 4-F anyway).

I'd have done okay in Vietnam.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on April 05, 2013, 08:26:52 PM
Quote from: dps on April 05, 2013, 06:58:19 PM
Huh.  I put Yi at 40ish.  Figured he was in the same age range as Derspeiss, Ed, and CdM.

Hmm.  I wouldn't have minded being born about 20 years earlier.  I would have come of age in a much better economic climate, and I'd be about to retire now.  On the downside, I would have had to live longer before some creature comforts became commerically available, and I might have been drafted (though if all else was the same, I'd have still been 4-F anyway).

I'd have done okay in Vietnam.

Yeah had a thread about this a while back, probably started by me ,maybe inLanguish Mk1. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on April 05, 2013, 08:18:40 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 05, 2013, 04:41:07 PM

:rolleyes:

Question?

Not at all. I imagine it's very nice for heterosexual white people. Going back to their glory days and all that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on April 05, 2013, 09:29:09 PM
Not at all. I imagine it's very nice for heterosexual white people. Going back to their glory days and all that.

Things just made a lot more sense in the 50s.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: mongers on April 05, 2013, 09:13:46 PM
Yeah had a thread about this a while back, probably started by me ,maybe inLanguish Mk1.

Refresh my memory, plz :)

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on April 05, 2013, 09:33:27 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 05, 2013, 09:29:09 PM

Things just made a lot more sense in the 50s.

Indeed. Black people and women knew their place. And gays had the good sense to remember they were dirty perverts.

Of course just a decade later, they all got uppity. :mad:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on April 05, 2013, 09:36:15 PM
Indeed. Black people and women knew their place. And gays had the good sense to remember they were dirty perverts.

I didn't say I was okay with the segregation thing.  Thankfully that wasn't the case everywhere.

garbon

1/3rd - that's still a failing grade.

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on April 05, 2013, 09:46:24 PM

I would have treated women & gays with dignity.  Same as I do now :)

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on April 05, 2013, 09:49:37 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 05, 2013, 09:46:24 PM

I would have treated women & gays with dignity.  Same as I do now :)

Dignity. :lol:

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 05, 2013, 09:49:08 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 05, 2013, 08:19:57 PM
I miss rotary phones.

Mine work fine.

I'm glad I was only briefly trained on rotary phones. That would have been a useless skill...kinda like using a land line at home.