News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Most unfortunate advertising placement

Started by viper37, April 04, 2013, 03:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on April 05, 2013, 09:52:02 PM
I'm glad I was only briefly trained on rotary phones. That would have been a useless skill...kinda like using a land line at home.

Transient.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 05, 2013, 09:59:38 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 05, 2013, 09:52:02 PM
I'm glad I was only briefly trained on rotary phones. That would have been a useless skill...kinda like using a land line at home.

Transient.

Welcome to the 21st century, old man. Oh please keep your shoes off the sofa.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on April 05, 2013, 10:48:23 PM

At least my phones will work during the next 9/11.  Your little cellular paperweight won't.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 05, 2013, 10:53:10 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 05, 2013, 10:48:23 PM

At least my phones will work during the next 9/11.  Your little cellular paperweight won't.

What good would a working phone do me? So someone can sync my 911 call to the crash of the building I'm in?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on April 05, 2013, 10:54:33 PM
What good would a working phone do me? So someone can sync my 911 call to the crash of the building I'm in?

We'll sticky the link to the YouTube clip of you screaming all the way down, into a pile of dusty rubble and glitter.

garbon

Oh lovely. Just promise me you will edit me so I don't sound douchey?

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 05, 2013, 11:47:17 AM
Indeed, it's fashionable to have black friends. :yes:

I was previously fashionable. :cool:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on April 05, 2013, 10:59:23 PM
Oh lovely. Just promise me you will edit me so I don't sound douchey?

I imagine we'd have to edit it so you don't
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

dps

Quote from: Ideologue on April 05, 2013, 11:37:21 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 05, 2013, 11:47:17 AM
Indeed, it's fashionable to have black friends. :yes:

I was previously fashionable. :cool:

You might want to re-word that.  It makes you sound like you were fashionable when it was fashionable to be racist, but now that racism is out of fashion, you are no longer fashionable.